Gears of War 1 - Online Editor [GPD]

I edited my GPD file and replaced the old gpd with the modded gpd, and then went to play an online match. No achievements unlocked… Is it patched?

YOU have to extract the the Gears of War GPD from your profile; it isn’t a file on the HDD like a gamesave.
If you are unsure how to extract a GPD than do some homework because that’s how I learned. As for once you learn, like the steps say, you are going to be looking for a file named/titled “4D5307D5”; you’re going to extract that file than use the tool to open it.

Again, if you are unsure what you are doing than don’t be afraid to use Google!
When I was going for 1250/1250 I had no problem; modding process took me probably 2-3mins.

Good luck!

Edit:

No, if you look through the recent posts, I completed Gears of War thanks to this tool; also completed Gears of War for a friend and had no problems as well. Few things:

1.) When modifying or even when going through the different “Settings”, make sure you are saving.
2.) Make sure when you are “Injecting” the modified GPD that you are clicking “Save, Rehash, and Resign.”

I did what philly listed, I’m not a complete moron when it comes to modding. I replaced the file instead of injecting, is that why it isn’t working. If that is the reason, am I able to redo it and inject the file, or is it permanently messed up now that I replaced instead of injecting?

Alright and I apologize because you never know how much experience one has with modding.
Anyways, I did the same as you, after I modified what I wanted within the GPD I would go back to my profile, right-click, replace the file (4D5307D5), “Save, Rehash, and Resign”, than would overwrite my profile. There were a few incidents where I had just finished modding the GPD yet I wouldn’t get the achievement(s) for the weapon(s) I had just modified, but, at the time, I assumed it’s because I forgot to “Save, Rehash, and Resign”.

Also, you didn’t permanently mess up; just extract the same file, modify what you want, replace/inject it back, etc.

Best of luck!

Philly, fix your tool. Series of Tubes, Can’t Touch Me, Don’t Hate The Player, and all the Annex/DLC achievements are not working. I followed all of your instructions multiple times, I have won and lost multiplayer games and they still do not pop up. I am getting extremely irate because of this. Thank you very much.

I’m sure you are irritated with me saying this, but I recently completed Gears of War by achieving 1250/1250GS and yet had no problems with getting any of the Annex/DLC achievements. Now if Philymaster updated the tool than I could understand why you are having problems completing certain tasks, but if one person was able to unlock every achievement in the game thanks to this tool and another can’t, yet they are using the same tool than the obvious reason is the user using the tool.

Again, I’m unsure what you are doing wrong which is than causing problems, but there are certain achievements that aren’t able to be unlocked via the tool. (Can’t Touch Me & Don’t Hate the Player)

Help with the achievements you listed:
Can’t Touch Me
– This achievement actually requires you to win a match without losing a single round. Mod the GPD so you have 10/10 than you are just gonna have to try and actually win a match without losing a single round. (reason me saying in one of the earlier posts that some achievements depend on the teammates you get partnered with)

Don’t Hate the Player
– Off memory, I don’t believe the tool even had an option in unlocking this achievement, which makes sense based on it’s description. Anyways, like the previous achievement, you’re just gonna have to play the game legitimately and earn this achievement for yourself. (if you’re familiar with Gears of War games than you shouldn’t have a problem because I got it easily because I’ve been around Gears for years)

Annex/DLC achievements
– Mod the GPD so you have 19/20 or whatever the numerical values ask for and than go into a private match to achieve the achievement. (hook up a secondary controller and make it a 1v1 on whichever map needed)

A Series of Tubes
– Mod the GPD so you have 49/50 and than just host a pubic match when on Gears of War.
(you can’t just host a public match, have a single friend join, and expect to be able to start the match; you have to host a public match and wait for the game to be full for it to count)

Side-Note:
Just so you know, Gears of War had a bad habit of glitching out when it came to unlocking achievements; Seriously… being the worst of them all because of its requirement. Anyways, a lot of people have claimed to achieve say 100/100 Longshot kills yet the achievement wouldn’t pop until say 110/100 kills with the weapon. I’m not saying you can’t unlock the achievement at all, but you may just have to acquire more kills (mod more kills) with the weapon than it will pop.

Best of luck and keep posting if you need help!

When I click on the link it says that it is a invalid or deleted file.

Same, I just checked.
All you can do is just wait for Philymaster to fix the upload.

You could always search the web, I’m sure other people have downloaded the program and re-upload it else where for others to enjoy.

Best of luck!

The file has been removed can someone post up another link please???

Anyone reupload link is dead.

The link hasn’t worked for some time now and so you either have to wait for Philymaster to update the link or try your best with finding the editor via Google.

Best of luck!

Hi, the link is broken any still have the editor ? and the Gears 2 & 3 & J too ?

Try sending the OP a private message. It looks like he still frequents the site

https://www.horizonmb.com/members/9846-Philymaster

i tried using this editor and it says that the gpd file can not be opened. somebody help please. i used horizon to extract my gpd file. the gpd file I extracted is 4D5307D5.gpd

Gears of War 1 Online Editor can be found on this thread! Happy Day indeed.

I will put the MEGA.NZ download link here to save the trouble on loading to another thread page. ATTENTION - I take no credit for the download link and editor it’s self!

https://mega.co.nz/#!Ec8HySJa!iLNI_nMCRxWGhd494pTFpt4FpGKtwDJxlzmQhEO4OOc

New download link provider: brokaliv
Profile: https://www.horizonmb.com/members/13219-brokaliv

Previous download link provider Gears of War 1 online editor creator: Phillymaster
Profile: https://www.horizonmb.com/members/9846-Philymaster

Can you give a bit more detailed instruction for this editor please? I am stuck on a few things. After I extract 4D5307D5 make all my changes using the editor how do I save everything? The “save setting” button does not verify if anything was saved and then what are the instructions to get the modded file back on my profile?
I used the GOW 2 editor from Philly Master along w/Horizon to mod GOW 2 and that has steps that seem to be missing on this one. Sorry if I am confusing anyone. I can’t seem to get my achievements unlocked and saved. Am I missing something here with the “save setting” button and what is the next step after that? Any help is appreciated, thank you!

the file is broken again

I know I’m a bit late to this and all, but I’m just now getting around to snagging these first Gears of War achievements and I’d appreciate it if anyone had a working link to this editor lying around. The initial MediaFire link is down as well as the Mega link posted in the comments.

Hellow guys check my post Gears of war 1, 2 & 3 editor collection

1 Like

Can you please upload the file again and the media fire links says the file is missing.