GOG - The witcher 3 won't work

I have a version of the witcher 3 that isn’t for steam or any other “game launcher”.
Everytime i press play, it just takes some time to think and the it say that it can’t find or start the game.
I have choosen the correct path for the game, but it just won’t work.
I have a few mods installed.

Can someone please help me? (sorry for bad english).

Is it a steam crack or a gog release? You should be able to tell by the game files.

it’s a nosTEAM version.

Pirated games are tricky. Usually they are outdated or have changed the “wrong” files. Best case scenario all you have to do is rename some files the default names, anything else require the developer to add support for it, which they (apparently) don’t officially do.

I bet stn would be more comfortable adding support for a gog version (they are sold drm-free).

I’m a “noob” when it comes to doing changes on files i don’t even know the name on in the first place.
Do you maybe know what files it could be?

Possibly just the exe, don’t know what the name would be. I am not sure how nosteam package the games or what the trainer looks for.

Seems like the game needs to be at least v.11.

Check the trainer thread for more information:

Mods can also be a problem.

I have v.1.21 then I have 4 graphic mods and 4 “small game changing” mods.
What is drm-free and how do I get the GOG version?

If I buy the GOG / drm-free version of the game do i then need the expansion pass and the two other DLC’s?

Games are protected by drm when you get them from steam and similar distributors, this is to stop piracy and other things. GOG, however, sells their games drm-free, meaning that anyone can just buy a copy and share the files with other people without needing to edit anything. You can buy it or find a place to torrent it from.

The trainer should work for the base game alone (no dlcs required).

Nice, thanks for info :smiley:

Witcher 3 is at 1.31 now, you’re using an outdated version. And the trainer works for GOG/Steam.

I don’t know nosteam releases, if they have changed folder strucutre then infinity won’t be able to detect it.

Okay, thanks for info :smiley:

So now i got the game with the expansions to it from GOG but it still doesn,t work.

Explain what doesn’t work. Also post the game version (e.g v1.23), a too old version would not work.

I Just bought the game a few days ago from GOG summer sale and the game version is 1.31 plus i have the newest version of infinity. The problem is that I have chosen the correct game path but whenever I try to start the game via infinity it just loads for some time and then says “FAILED TO START GAME - We’re having trouble starting or finding your opened game.”

It should allow you to pick the game folder manually. Pick the folder with the exe in it (you will not be able to see the exe when picking the folder)

As I wrote before, I have chosen the correct game path (folder) and yes it’s with the exe file in it. But it wont work

Sounds like you have done everything right then. I guess you will just have to wait for stn to come back.

Okay, I’ll wait.