Horizon Not Working

I’m sorry i don’t know where to post this and i didn’t really spend the time searching for other threads with this issue. I’ve looked in the past all over for the fix and i still can’t find it. Horizon does not open for me on this computer. On my Windows XP it’s fine but on my Windows 7 it’s not? I know it runs fine on 7’s i just don’t no my problem. It shows the green xbox symbol loading then after that it doesn’t open. If you can help me thanks. Sorry if this is the wrong location for this issue or if there is another thread for the fix. Just link me to it and delete this thread.

Thanks for reading!

You would post this in Horizon Support.
Anyways, have you tried running Horizon as Administrator?

To run Horizon as Administrator, all you have to do is Right Click Horizon, then click Run As Administrator.
Post back here after. :smile:

Try running as Administrator.

Right Click on Horizon > Run as Admin

If that does not help post back.

I’ve tried running as Admin multiple times :smile: and sorry for wrong location :\

Try running in compatibility mode.

Right Click on Horizon > Properties > Compatibility > Then check Run with Compatibility Windows NT

Do you get any error when you start Horizon?

Also, run Horizon in Compatibility Mode.
To do that, Right Click Horizon, then go to Properties, then click Compatibility.
Once you have done that, click Windows XP (Service Pack 3).

It should look like this,

Check the box.

I do not get a error and i have already tried running it in Compatibility Windows XP Service Pack 3 and i did just try it again. Still not working.

Do you have TeamViewer?

If not you should download so that I can further assist you. Just PM me your Log On ID and Pass ID.

Way to edit your post Pavman, copy what I said then add a picture. Way to go. :wink:

Moved to Horizon Support.

Try running in Windows NT (Service Pack 5)

It’ll be in offline mode but that’s a start.

I’ll download it again last time my teamviewer was being stupid. But i’m pretty sure it will work now. Thanks for all the help so far

Ok, since that did not work, try running Horizon in Windows NT.
It will be offline, but just try that to make sure Horizon will ever start.

Also, do you have any Anti-Virus?
If so, turn the firewall off and and the Anti-virus itself, especially if you have Avast!.

If you have anymore troubles, get TeamViewer then private message me your ID and password.

EDIT: Ninja’d :cry:

Have you got .NetFramework installed on your current computer?
It seem like it could be bugging, if you have got it that is.

I would re-download it and re-install it, download it by clicking here.

What Anti-Virus are you using also?

Just tried this and now it’s just showing the Xbox symbol, and it’s stuck on my screen lol. I can of course cancel with task mangement if needed, but this didn’t work either.

It’s completely random.

Run as Admin, it might load. If it doesn’t keep trying, it will load.

Let it sit for a while, it may start.
Try that, if that doesn’t work, keep trying to run Horizon as Administrator.

If not, get TeamViewer, then private message me your ID and password.
You can get TeamViewer here,

TeamViewer - Free Remote Access and Remote Desktop Sharing over the Internet

This did work the second time loading super fast, but i am in offline mode of course so im limited. Thanks so far :smile:

BTW i use the free Malaware, no special virus protection.

If you are in ‘Offline Mode’, its because your anti-virus is blocking the connection to the servers.

Disable your anti-virus and run Horizon, it should load with all the tools.

Once done, make a exception in your firewall for Horizon! :smile:

I’ll try disabling that, i have the exception in the firewall. Thanks for your help if this works i wanna kiss you

Update: I tried all of this so far nothing has worked. Offline mode worked fine but i do now get a error with the offline mode. When i close horizon in offline mode it says:

[i]Application has generated an exception that could not be handled.
Prcoess ID=0x73c (1852), Thread ID=0x884 (2180).

Click OK to terminate the application.
Click CANCEL to debug the application.[/i]

This error is becoming more common.

It’s an error with the debugger and I have no idea.