How To Tell If Your Xbox Is JTAGable

Figuring out Motherboard Type:

The Diagram only shows the generation. This is how to figure out which one of the two it is.

Xenon - NON-HDMI - Type 1 and Type 2 Keyvaults
Zephyr - HDMI - Type 2 Keyvaults
Falcon - HDMI - Type 2 Keyvaults

Opus - NON-HDMI - Type 2 Keyvaults

Jasper - HDMI - Type 2 Keyvaults

Finding the Kernel Version:

In the dashboard go to System Settings then go to Console Settings then scroll down to System Info. Your kernel version is shown here. In this picture the 360 has the 8955 kernel applied. This console is not vulnerable.

Kernel Vulnerability:

8498 and Higher - Any console with a kernel 8498 and higher have been patched to stop the hack.

7371 and lower - Any console with the 7371 kernel or a lower version of the kernel are most likely vulnerable to the hack.(Explained Below)

Kernels 7357/7363/7371

These 3 Kernels are what you may call the “iffy” kernels. Some contain a patched CB which makes the console un-exploitable.

How do you know if your console has the patched CB?

1.If the console manufacture date is BEFORE 6-1-2009 then the CB in the 360 will not be patched and you can perform the JTAG hack on it.

1. If the console manufacture date is AFTER 6-1-2009 then it is to have the patched CB and will not be able to get JTAGGED.

CB Versions:

Now this check really isnt needed. But if you get a console past 6-1-2009 and it has one of the iffy kernels then you could always dump the nand and check the CB version on it. Maybe you would be super lucky and got a exploitable box past the date. Chances are 99.99% you will get a patched box. But if you want to entertain yourself then here are the CB version’s.

Open your NAND image in either Degraded or 360 Flash Tool and check the CB version. Here is a picture of Degraded. Any CB version past the one shown in the “Non-Exploitable” Section will not be exploitable. Only the ones in the Exploitable CB versions are JTAG-able.

Exploitable CB versions:

Xenon: 1888, 1902, 1903, 1920,1921

Zephyr: 4559

Falcon/Opus: 5761, 5766, 5770

Jasper: 6712, 6723

Non-Exploitable CB Versions (CD = 8453 for all of them)

Xenon: 1922, 1923, 1940

Zephyr: 4571, 4572, 4578, 4579

Falcon/Opus: 5771

Jasper: 6750

Great tut.

Stickied.

wow. i was just tought. "IF ITS 2.0.8xxx.0 ITS NOT EXPLOITABLE"
lol this goes into so much detail. will read the entire thing some other time but good thread.
thanked.

Glad you guys like it, have an great day.

Really Good TuT

nice tut…

Thank you all for your opinions :wink: It will help me out, and also thanks for the thanks :wink:

Sounds to good to be true

nice tut mate keep it up :smiley:

-Tracti0nz

very helpful, used a post like this to know if my zephyr was jtagable. it had one of the first dash kernels.

nice tut,
keep it up

lol make me think about the guy on ttg who want a free jtag xd :laughing:

Really good tutorial Man, And congrats on getting this stickied!

Great TuT

Thanks, I wish I could get a jtaggable xbox.

I am kind of new to Jtaging. In layman’s Terms, I have a first Gen Black Elite that I bought around 2007. (Xenon/Zephyr) It did not come with the NXE Dashboard but I had to update it when the NXE Dashboard update was released. Is it still possible in any way to Jtag this 360?

So does the 2009 summer update (NXE?) matter. I have two, one banned, one not, boxes, both with that update i thought that, that update took away all jtagging, is that true??

tell us the dashboard kernal and we’ll tell you if its jtagable.

anything over 8000 is not, and 7000 it cuts off towards the middle.

most likely thought it will not, as most jtagables have the blade dash

wow nice tut

amazing