Infinite loading screen on WeMod App

.NET framework error causing an infinite loading screen.

Details below

Application: WeModAuxiliaryService.exe
Framework Version: v4.0.30319
Description: The process was terminated due to an unhandled exception.
Exception Info: System.AccessViolationException
at s1.CryptMsgGetParam(IntPtr, Int32, Int32, IntPtr, Int32 ByRef)
at r1.0(System.String)
at r1.2(q1)
at g+h[[System.__Canon, mscorlib, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089]].0()
at System.Threading.Tasks.Task`1[[System.__Canon, mscorlib, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089]].InnerInvoke()
at System.Threading.Tasks.Task.Execute()
at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal(System.Threading.ExecutionContext, System.Threading.ContextCallback, System.Object, Boolean)
at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(System.Threading.ExecutionContext, System.Threading.ContextCallback, System.Object, Boolean)
at System.Threading.Tasks.Task.ExecuteWithThreadLocal(System.Threading.Tasks.Task ByRef)
at System.Threading.Tasks.Task.ExecuteEntry(Boolean)
at System.Threading.ThreadPoolWorkQueue.Dispatch()

To Clarify, WeMod is not being blocked by my AV, nor do I have any other programs inhibiting its use.
Multiple reinstalls have been attempted to no success.
Multiple attempts at reinstalling .NET have been unsuccessful at fixing the issue.

Any further assistance on the issue is greatly appreciated.

1 Like

Welcome to the community. :slight_smile:

The latest version of .NET Framework is 4.8.1.
The 4.0 version that you have according to that error log was discontinued in 2016, which means it is 7 years out of date.

You can get the 4.8, or even better the 4.8.1, version of .NET from their official website here: Download .NET Framework | Free official downloads.

I have updated .NET to version 4.8.1, however the app is still encountering the same issue

Just thought I’d mention it here as well as on the Discord.

At this point, the only thing I can think of is that .NET framework is corrupted

First thing to try - Try the .NET Framework Repair Tool from Microsoft themselves - https://www.microsoft.com/en-au/download/details.aspx?id=30135

Second thing to try - Follow these instructions and see how you go.

Instructions
  1. Go to Control Panel.
  2. Click Programs and Features (or Uninstall a program).
  3. On the left side, click Turn Windows features on or off .
  4. Untick both .NET Framework 3.5 and .NET Framework 4.8 Advanced Services.
  5. Click the OK button and restart.
  6. After your computer restarts, follow steps 1-3 again, except tick the .NET Framework features.
  7. click the OK button, wait for it to install, and restart again.

Worst case scenario, if those two options don’t work, I can’t think of anything else to try except a PC reset.

A post was split to a new topic: Infinite Loading