Infinity 2.0 - What's New?

We’ve been pretty secretive on what is going to be in Infinity 2.0. Going forward we want to keep the community more in the loop and share some of our progress! To kick things off, I’ll list the most notable changes:

• Completely re-coded without depending on the .NET Framework. This will allow quicker and less error-prone installs.

• Trainers now have nice thumbnails instead of colors.

• View the most popular and latest trainers.

• Open trainers without having their respective games installed.

• A search feature has been added.

• Keyboard shortcuts have been reworked into cheat cards. Each cheat card contains one or more keyboard shortcuts related to the cheat. For example, a Jump Height card could have “Increase”, “Decrease”, and “Reset” shortcuts.

• Each cheat card can have their own separate description/instructions. This replaces the “Important Notes” pop-up in v1.

• The window is resizable so you can fit all of the cheats on the screen without having to scroll.

• Games with multiple installations are now supported. You can pick which one you want to use when you start a trainer.

• Improved installation detection and support.

If you haven’t already voted for a logo, check out this thread: Vote for the Infinity 2.0 Logo!

11 Likes

Sweet sounds awesome

What about problems with trainers not crashing or if certain functions aren’t working due to patches or what not, is Infinity going to export a log or send one automatically to make it easier for developers or other people to help diagnose problems?

Infinity will automatically report anonymous errors to the server (can be disabled in settings). The reports will contain enough data to determine what went wrong. Additionally, the user will get more specific error messages instead of the infamous “The mods failed to load into the game.” It’ll say where Infinity failed during the trainer loading process.

Some specific data that we collect:

• Installed anti-virus, anti-spyware, and firewall products
  • OS version and architecture
  • Infinity version, locale, and if it is running as admin
  • Exception codes
  • Current state of the trainer (is God Mode enabled?)
  • How long the trainer was running
  • Log messages from the trainer itself (up to the dev)

None of this is personally identifiable.

3 Likes

that Is a great list for things to help with the error process @Frank

1 Like

We will also finally be able to support games with anti-cheats and games running multiple processes. So games like AC unity/Umbrella Corps/SFV will get a trainer.

2 Likes

Thats awesome, does that mean the mafia 2 trainer will also work better? or is that one just going to remain as is

Yeah. I was in two-minds about mafia 2 but released it anyway. Some of these games anti-cheats don’t trigger unless in a cutscene or loading missions or trigger after a few mins. Hitman absolution is another game which has a scanner but only trigger during mission loading. All of these will be better handled.

2 Likes

That is great news

Excellent news Cheater & Co

Keep up the great work…
Sounds like some great features just on the Horizon, or should I say just on the Infinity…
:thumbsup:

2 Likes

@Frank Just saw this in the comments.

“Improved installation detection”, does this include what hes asking.

Improved installation detection should be games that are installed. We’ve had a few issues where games aren’t being detected for various reason.

Infinity can already be installed on a different drive you just have to move the folder manually. At less than 50MB it really shouldn’t be an issue for anyone. Other apps like google chrome do the same thing where they are installed to appdata with no option to change but they can be moved. I believe the install size for v2 will be significantly less but don’t quote me on that.

1 Like

I believe so too, with no .net dependencies crap. But there are also going to be cover art for games instead of just one bland color so the size may increase that way.

either way if you have a computer for gaming odds are you have more than enough space for Infinity

Yeah of course. But not every user out there know they can move it manually. Just saying.

You will not be able to customize the location of your installation, but there can be a command-line option for people who need to.

Keep up the good work @Frank

1 Like

Not sure if I asked this in Slack but will there be Mac and Linux clients?