Infinity. Offline Mode?

Wemod works offline without internet as long as you run the trainers first time already. But after 24 hours or so it doesn’t work anymore.

Yes trainers are only made for single player games
I dont play online either only play myself
But have internet connected
Never play online kids ruined that when borderlands came out

That’s my problem, I want to play offline using wemod, but wemod doesn’t work offline if you restart your pc. This problem started when they introduce account logging in.

This is what taint WeMod reputation, can’t launch when there’s no Internet connection. Last week, my ISP got heavy maintenance, 3 days no connection, then I became “honest” player for those 3 days. I really don’t understand why there still no Offline mode. Right now, I’ve using cheat from WeMod still, but back up with FearLess’s cheats.

I’m trying to reproduce this. Does it only happen after restarting your computer, or when you restart the app (closing from the system tray)?

Hey Frank,

I’m trying to run the mod for RDR2 offline. When I launch WeMod while having no internet connection, it launches normally. But when I go to the RDR2 trainer and click on it, the whole WeMod launcher keeps flickering and stuttering.

I have this with all my games btw, and yes I’ve runned them with the trainer online at least once. Also when I run the trainer with an internet connection and then plug out my cable. WeMod just quits working alltogether.

1 Like

Thanks for the details! I’ll look into it.

2 Likes

Can confirm the flickering screen issue occurs for me too when attempting to use WeMod offline.
There’s also another report of it here: I hate how this thing works.
Thank you for looking into it. :slight_smile:

Edit:
@doxxa has generously provided a screen capture of the issue. In this post here: Need for Speed Heat Cheats and Trainer for Origin

Any updates on this?

Ah, the thread I have been searching for! I just sent an email to WeMod support about this.

I recently moved, and internet service is horrible, and constantly drops out. I’ll be in the middle of a game, and the moment I lose internet, I lose all mod support. As mentioned above, the game’s mod page will flicker repeatedly, until internet connection is restored.

I have seen it mentioned multiple places, even WeMod’s FAQ page, that an offline mode has been incorporated in update 6. I’m not seeing this anywhere. I have started up multiple games online, while logged in to the windows app, but the instant I lose internet, the mod support drops out and I have to wait a few minutes for the modem to reboot. Until I can get the issue with my ISP figured out, I would really like to be able to play uninterrupted. Any help on this?

Well it’s been 11 days, it’s starting to make me think they are using wemod to gather data and they don’t want to lose that revenue stream. Why else would you not be able to use it offline or fix it within 11 days?

You need to be a tad bit more patient. Fixing issues in software is no easy feat. They need to scour the tens of thousands of lines of code to find the issue first, let alone fix it. Then it probably needs to go through their beta testers.

The fix might be rolled out in the next WeMod software update. Become a WeMod beta tester if you want.
WeMod desktop software > Arrow in the top-right > Settings > Set “Release Channel” to “Beta”.

Do you want a double-checked and fully tested fix, or do you want a rushed “fix” that’ll introduce more issues? Just be patient, these things take time.

Fixing an app’s online/offline functionality is not that hard (shouldn’t take 11 days), nor do they “need to scour the tens of thousands of lines of code”. I understand it takes time and was simply offering a possible explanation and asking what else it could be, I waited 11 days for something that should take 2 or 3 at max so patients isn’t something I’m lacking in.

I’ve been having trouble reproducing the issue – it works fine on my PC. I’m going to spend more time on it today and will hopefully have a fix in the beta update planned for tonight. Sorry for the long wait.

1 Like

No problem, to reproduce it it needs to be hooked into a game (happens to me consistently on need for speed heat). It wont do it sometimes if you just have wemod open and no game running with it. Thank you for the update :slight_smile:

1 Like

Can you elaborate on that? Still not able to reproduce it :thinking:

I’ve been testing by disabling my network adapter, but that may not be the right way.

Run wemod with a game and make sure it says “playing” then unplug the network adapter.

https://community.wemod.com/t/app-changelog/58410/69

Switch to the Beta channel in app settings to apply the update.

It may not work since I still can’t reproduce the issue. If that’s the case, I’ll fast-track this bug and find someone that can consistently trigger it.

It’s working offline now. I’ll test it a bit more later today but so far it’s working perfectly. Thank you for the fix :slight_smile: Edit: After using it a bit more I still have no issues, thanks again!

1 Like

Seems to be working on my end as well, since the most recent update. Thanks for the fix!

1 Like