Infinity Remote app issue

i bought the galaxy s8+ and im unable to link it to my pc. it worked with the browser. but where you put n the code for the app isnt there.

@frank or @Chris

Looks like it bugged on the tutorial screen.

Try removing and reinstalling the app?

still didnt fix it.

samsung galaxy s8+
android 7.0

this might be the cause? app not compatible?

my s6 has 7.0 and works.

Workin’ on my "antique " galaxy tab 4- 5.1.1
And android 7.0 phone but can hardly see it on phone without glasses lol

It works on my tablet.

Asus Nexus 7 Gen 2
Android 6.0.1

is this being looked into?

@frank (he’s away cause of the 4th of july)

Hey, we’re currently looking into this. We think it’s an issue with an older version of the Samsung browser - the browser that comes with the phone. Can you tell us which version of the browser you’re using? You can find that in the app’s menu. Also, have you tried using the remote in Google Chrome on your phone?

i can use it on the broswer without issues. its the app from google play that doesnt work.

Google Chrome
V 59.0.3071.125

The app internally uses the phone’s native browser (Samsung Internet, a.k.a. “Internet”). Have you tried using the remote in that browser?

i can use the remote.wemod.com in the browsers without issues. its the app itself.

was this ever fixed? the app is still not working on Note 8

What version of android are you running?
Thing is since the app is basically just a web browser the fault lies within the default samsung web browser

Nothing has changed. You can still use the remote by going to https://remote.wemod.com/

We spent many hours trying to figure out the issue using virtual test phones and operating systems provided by Samsung and trying it ourselves on many physical models, but we cannot reproduce the issue you and a few others are experiencing.

Which web browser are you using on your phone? Does it work if you use Samsung Internet?

Yes it does work if you use the Samsung Internet app. It does not work with any other browser on my phone - including firefox or chrome.

Thanks for the info. Can you provide me with the exact versions that you have of the following:

• Android (exact build number)
  • Samsung Internet
  • Chrome
  • Firefox

The more information we have, the easier it’ll be to reproduce the problem :slight_smile: