Install setup failed

I haven’t used wemod in a while yesterday I tryed to use it an it was updating. It never told me it was finished or anything an I shut down the computer. Today I tryed to use it it had the new blue icon vs the yellow one but would not open so I went through the steps to uninstall it but nothing happend. So I went through safemod to uninstall it same thing it would uninstall then tryed to delete manually from the files an get a fresh download. Now I keep having a message saying “wemod setup 637580317237648173.exe”
Installation has failed there was an error while installing the application. Check the setup log for more information an contact the author.

Welcome back to the community. :slight_smile:

This is a classic case of a security program on your machine or network interfering with WeMod.

Here is the troubleshooting: I can’t Install WeMod / “There was a error installing the application” - WeMod App / Support.

I’ve gone through these steps this is on my wife’s pc that she uses once in a blue moon an for some reason she doesn’t have an appdata folder an the windows defender has been disabled an there is no other security software to disable.

Hello. :slight_smile:

All user accounts on Windows PCs have an appdata folder, it is a critically important file. If you can’t locate it then it’s possible it may be hidden.
—> View hidden files and folders in Windows 10.

Don’t forget the other points in the tread linked above too, there’s more to just the disabling of an antivirus. :slight_smile:

Thank you for that hidden folder link had no idea about it. Was about to locate an delet the wemod files but still running into the same issue. Kinda at a lose since I’m not the best when it comes to the software side of computers.

After I try to download the wemod be it the setup control or the direct app link i get the same resulting notification an this is what i get when clicking on the “open setup log” idk if this may help lead to anything but its about all i got at this point.

2021-06-05 19:31:16> Unhandled exception: System.BadImageFormatException: Could not load file or assembly ‘PresentationFramework, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35’ or one of its dependencies. The file or directory is corrupted and unreadable. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80070570)
File name: ‘PresentationFramework, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35’
at Squirrel.Update.Program.executeCommandLine(String args)
at Squirrel.Update.Program.main(String args)

=== Pre-bind state information ===
LOG: DisplayName = PresentationFramework, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35
(Fully-specified)
LOG: Appbase = file:///C:/Users/shelb/AppData/Local/SquirrelTemp/
LOG: Initial PrivatePath = NULL
Calling assembly : Update.exe, Version=1.9.1.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null.

LOG: This bind starts in default load context.
LOG: No application configuration file found.
LOG: Using host configuration file:
LOG: Using machine configuration file from C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v4.0.30319\config\machine.config.
LOG: Post-policy reference: PresentationFramework, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35

You appear to have an outdated version of .NET Framework.
Your PC has .Net Framework 4.0 according to the log there, which is 11 years old (released in the year 2010). The latest version is 4.8. The link to update .Net Framework to 4.8 is in my first post in this thread above. :slight_smile: