Interactive Controlls

This is how easy it is to survive without pro and/or interactive controls:
step 1: Buy a cheap secondary screen (preferbly 1680x1050 and up but any screen will suffice).
step 2: Bind the cheats to keys not used for games.
step 3: Drag the Infinity/wemod window onto the secondary screen.
step 4: Profit!

The pro benefits are just icing on the cake right now, they are not needed but nice to have. Sooner or later they will introduce pro-only cheats, people will be far more angry about that and forget about all this.

My biggest issue with v5 is them changing the name, Infinity is easier to say and less confusing than WeMod App™

1 Like

Did you even read my previous comments?
For some games there not enough combinations on my 60% keyboard for both the game and the cheats, this means that I need to tie several cheats to the same hotkey combination, but sometimes I don’t want several cheats enabled, so then I have to 1. Disable all the cheats tied to that combination(I’ll explain later). 2. Go back into wemod. 3. Find another combination for the cheat that I don’t want enabled. 4. Tie that cheat to that other combination. 5. Re-enable all the cheats that was tied to that combination. 6. Go back to the game.

Used to be a 3 step process, now it’s 5 steps and takes a bit of time having to look over all the hotkeys.
The biggest problem though is that this is taking one issue and making it a perpetual one. Because it now takes so much fiddling with the hotkeys and having to have several cheats tied to the same combination that it often takes minutes just enabling or disabling something. Not to mention having to remember all of these combinations.

And no, without interactive controls you don’t have more than “any other trainer out there”. It was really the only thing you guys offer the differentiates you from other thing out there.
Some standalone trainers even have interactive controls.

If a month ago I had gotten an email or a notification in the launcher that said "Just a heads up, when v5 comes out we will make interactive controls pro only, I probably would have been fine with it, because at least I would have gotten a warning, but you couldn’t have done that because it never a “forgotten but planned feature”.

What you guys do is great, but you’re still only making the process of having a trainer for games slightly more convenient than most of the other options out there. Sure you got a flashy UI(that’s filled with stuff no one needs to look at, just let me access my cheats as soon as I open the launcher), but that doesn’t really matter.
Hell, I still use stuff like cheat engine sometimes, wanna know why?
Because it’s more convenient.
Cheat engine even has cheat tables that act like trainers, and guess what!?
It even let’s you use your mouse to active stuff!
Not a penny spent for that feature. And don’t give me the whole bloatware speech, it’s like an idiot tax, if you’re dumb enough to install bloatware it’s on you. I got through the process of installing cheat engine without installing bloatware just fine.

Do you guys always play windowed/full screen borderless on a second monitor to interact with the app without minimizing the game? Or do you just minimize it each time?

I don’t have a second monitor so I usually have to minimize it.

Maybe you should get a full-size keyboard too? You can get 50+ possible combinations with one.

You can’t really expect them the model everything after a very tiny minority with strange setups.

I understand him. I have no money AND time AND space on my desk (it’s pretty small and so all my computer stuff fills up the space) so, second monitor? No thanks. That is really a problem. No interactive keys? No ease. Unless I can use my piece of **** old phone Samsung Galaxy S as a monitor.
I really don’t like the fact anymore that I can’t use hotkeys…

You can’t use interactive controls.
You can use hotkeys.

Yeahhh… right.

I use the Hearts of Iron trainer from wemod and its a pain to use the numpad f1-f12 keys

Change the hotkeys then

I understand the fact that they made it a Pro feature.
I’m not gonna lie, i could afford the pro package. I honestly just don’t see why i would.
If it’s not here i look somewhere else. If it’s not free fine, i’ll just use cheat engine and make my own no problem. Now that we got that out of the way since some people find this information important if you want to buy pro or not.
It’s free and i think that’s amazing. However, i have to agree with the majority that this was a bad move.
Now this might give you a slightly higher income for now. But in the long run allot of potential pro users will leave. The software won’t be rated as high anymore by people and will cause again more people to leave and less traffic to come to Wemod.
So in the long run there is a high change you will lose money on this 1 feature.

Also i have to be honest it is a weird excuse that “we forgot to implement it”.
I’ve honestly never ever used a software that was like ow yea sorry that was free but we meant to make that payed for from the beginning. Let’s just say how it is. They wanted to make it more attractive for people to pay pro and this is a way of doing so.

The thing i have to support is the fact there are ways to use it now. But it isn’t worth it. they are too tedious and there is better and other trainers out there that even take in account the hotkeys in the game itself.

But the worst thing about this is which i have not read here. You changed this one feature without any before hand notice that it has lost my trust. You could say whatever you want now but how would i believe any of it? You could easly make anything pro now just like that. You could next time say just like now yea we planned to do that but we forgot.
But all of this is just my opinion take it however you want it’s not gonna change anything.

Anyway Wemod i wish you luck on your journey to becoming the next Cheathappens. Cya.

Well it could be called appreciation to buy pro for all the free hard work that goes imto this awsome app. All the hard work to make it , all the hard work for the trainer makers just mainly things like that. Thats the only reason i bought pro is because some people dont have the smarts to make there own trainers and appreciate that its easy to use and they work !!

1 Like

We are always looking for feedback and appreciate any constructive criticisms the community has to offer. One thing I will say is that you mention how it’s all your opinion - which is pretty expected - yet some of your comments sort of contradict that.

These three statements come off as you just claiming that these are true.

With this being said, that last statement is sort of true. The feature being included in Pro is a way to incentive people to support the site and developers. I don’t think there is anything wrong with that. We want our Pro users to get cool features because we appreciate the people supporting us. We wouldn’t be here if it weren’t for them! It’s just that it wasn’t done that way originally by mistake, as we have already stated.

That is fair. Not everyone will find the additional features worth the cost, and we certainly don’t expect everyone to pay. That is why the app and every trainer itself is still free. We are always working on new things to give to users and have plenty of stuff coming up.
Is there something about these other trainers that make them better in your opinion? We are always open to ideas.

I don’t understand your point of view. You can afford it but you won’t because you don’t know why? Also you can use ce to do what you want but still here whining and complaining?

I think that is the most stupid thing i have read so far about this. Because the people complaining can’t afford it and can’t make this themselves.

I am not trying to be mean, just honestly confused. I can make my own cheats so i won’t complain to someone and whine. I can afford a 5$ software and if I need it, I’ll just buy it instead of complaining to them that i can afford it but why would I?

It seems like you’re just complaining here for the sake of complaining lol or because all the loser kids are doing it? :smile:

1 Like

Yes, i agree. I wasn’t trying to imply anything that it is wrong to buy pro. But i read the previous posts and they all came down to this: “You just don’t/can’t afford pro.”. I wanted to say my place on the matter so i could avoid a comment like that. I’m also not saying people should not buy pro.
Honestly if you want to support these great people and you can’t do it yourself go for it. I want this software to grow and develop because i thought it was awesome.

I wonder what you mean that it contradicts my opinion? Can’t an opinion be basically anything even if it contradicts itself?

Well i don’t think i said anything was wrong with it. I’m sorry if i came off that way. It’s just… Let’s say it is true that they forgot to implement it then it still would still have been better so simply say they wanted to make pro more attractive since nobody actually knows that you meant to implement it that way. So to the user database it sounds very strange the way it being presented right now.

Actually i have been thinking about this and i maybe have a solution. I don’t know the inner workings of your software enough to know exactly how it presents everything but I’ve noticed most of the time the hotkeys are conflicting with keys in the game itself of witch i did not change any. So i’m guessing it assigns a basic form of hotkeys. First F1-F12 next numpad or something.
My suggestion would be when the trainers are made to set the hotkeys automatically to keys not used by the game it is used on. Now people can change their hotkeys in games so i only mean the default settings of the hotkeys in that game. This solution will not be satisfying for everyone but i think for the majority of users even pro users this is a positive development.

Actually i was giving some constructive criticism about this matter to try to help the developers. Did I at one point say that i disagree with this move? I called it a bad move because of the way they did it that’s all and i tried to explain why.

My comment wasn’t even about buying the pro. I just wanted to mention that i’m not one of the people that couldn’t go for pro so that my opinion on the matter comes from another angle then those who can’t.
In laymens therms. I wasn’t crying about a feature becoming pro but the execution of doing so and to make that clear i would have to mention i could afford pro if i wanted to be pro.

I hope you now know why i wrote the “most stupid thing” so far.
Also why say loser kids? What does that help anywhere?

Sorry, what I meant was that you said it was an opinion, but it was worded in a way that came off as you saying it’s true. At least when I read it.

The trainer creators can set the default hotkeys to whichever. But I agree and this is actually something that will be improved. Since some game clients use function keys, some people don’t have num-pads etc.

Zach hinted at it in a post here

You can change the hotkeys yourself, not sure why keys conflicting with game is even an issue.

I don’t bother with setting them to anything but the default because i always imagine people would change them to their liking.

Sometimes I see posts like this and I read through them like I was reading a book and waiting for the plot twist. “This can’t seriously be happening like this.”, springs to mind over and over. WeMod is many things, Cheat hub: Yes, A community: Definitely, Even a review site, hint and FAQ site, and Find a friend to slay worlds service. All this for free. But it is also a product, built by people with skills, abilities, tools and maybe even time that the users do not have, although that is doubtful. Most coders I know code instead of sleep and have day jobs or classes too. This is the core of “Find a need and supply it”. Arguments or opinions against paid features is like saying “Well the sugar packets are free at BarStucks, so the coffee should be free too.”. Actually that is not even right, because at WeMod you can sit at the table all day and eat sugar packets until you blow up and not buy a thing. Try that at BarStucks.

There are 88 Keys on a mini-keyboard, plus Shift-(key), Ctrl-(key), Alt-(key), 3 combos of 2 special (pick 2 - Alt, ctrl, shift) plus (key), and Alt-shift-ctrl-(Key) mappable for hot keys. I would really like to know the games that are using so many keybindings that over 560 Additional Key combos is not enough. Darn, just the number keys across the top of the keyboard mean there are 70 keys combos in addition to the numbers 0 - 9. Most of us learned Ctrl-c, Ctrl-v and Alt-F4 before we learned to ride bikes, it is not a foreign concept. Gamers can be creative. They have to be to win. My mouse has extra buttons, I have the double combos Alt-Shift and Alt-Ctrl mapped to two of them. With a thumb press I can fire 200 hot key combos just pressing a single key normally. Really great for mapping w-a-s-d to hot keys since my hand is usually right over those anyway. That is 8 hot keys, without moving my hand position for either hand. Zero complicated about that.

Does it really matter if ‘they’ had intended to tease with the interactive controls, then charge when people found they like it. I doubt they did, but even if I am wrong, So? It is just smart to see that this feature is worth money and charge for it. Although a more likely senario is someone thought, “Hey, if we can make this better with new features and better interfaces, we could add it to a pro version, recover more costs and maybe even get a faster update cycle for high priority trainers, and potentially feed ourselves more than ramen too”. There comes a time when living off ramen, Mnt. Dew and pixie stix while trying to code, work, have a life and occasionally sleep gets really, really old. Really, really old! This ofc is assuming that the Trainer Makers even have a wage or split, haha, profits, which seems unlikely with costs of server space and bandwidth. Most geeks in the cheat scene are in it for love of the hack, and paid features barely or fail to cover costs.

Also, there is a group making trainers of which all the new ones for the last 2 years or so include the interactive control, and hot key control, even mapping to controler buttons. Guess what. They charge a membership for access to nearly 90% of their trainer library and have not made a free trainer that I know of in over a year. Yes that is correct they charge for hotkey use as well as point and click, and even pay-per-trainer while offering no new free trainers. That is the business model that WeMod is not following yet, and I thank them for that. That said a partial “pro only” set of trainers, or a sub set of pro-only effects in trainers, e.q. No death, unlimited mana are free, all items and infinite movement per turn are pro-only, are the obvious steps when having to choose between eating or shutting down a site. The more people that can rearrange a budjet to Go Pro, the less likely changes like those will need to happen. I can’t afford new lipstick, but I intend to throw in for pro even if I have to cancel every other month when it’s WeMod or Netflix that month.

4 Likes

Well put @selaena, my sentiments exactly. Whenever I see such complaints, I am always floored at the sense of entitlement. I’ve been a software developer for over 22 years, and the only “free work” I’ve ever done has been for my father. I have the skills to write my own trainers, but it simply is not worth the time nor effort. Investing in WeMod is a far more logical choice, and I know I’m supporting an entire community by that investment.

Nonetheless, those who complain that they intend to “take their toys and leave” are the type of individuals I don’t believe any of us want as a part of this community. As you stated, a Pro membership is something one can budget for, but it sometimes means sacrificing something else. Childish individuals find it easier to stomp their feet rather than make the effort to do so. Like many, I’m on a very fixed budget, but within two weeks after joining, was able to determine a way to afford the cost.

With many of my primary responsibilities involving caring for my 87 year-old father, “me time” is a luxury. If I’m very lucky, I might get 3 hours to myself per day (usually about 1), so time is precious. With WeMod, I can easily enjoy my games without frustration, without a bunch of configuration, as well as interact with a fine community. Those who do not feel it is a worthwhile investment likely have yet to understand “real world” challenges. In time, one can only hope they will realize life isn’t so easy, nor filled with handouts.

2 Likes

@Telarius Well spoken!

1 Like