Interactive Controlls

Sorry, what I meant was that you said it was an opinion, but it was worded in a way that came off as you saying it’s true. At least when I read it.

The trainer creators can set the default hotkeys to whichever. But I agree and this is actually something that will be improved. Since some game clients use function keys, some people don’t have num-pads etc.

Zach hinted at it in a post here

You can change the hotkeys yourself, not sure why keys conflicting with game is even an issue.

I don’t bother with setting them to anything but the default because i always imagine people would change them to their liking.

Sometimes I see posts like this and I read through them like I was reading a book and waiting for the plot twist. “This can’t seriously be happening like this.”, springs to mind over and over. WeMod is many things, Cheat hub: Yes, A community: Definitely, Even a review site, hint and FAQ site, and Find a friend to slay worlds service. All this for free. But it is also a product, built by people with skills, abilities, tools and maybe even time that the users do not have, although that is doubtful. Most coders I know code instead of sleep and have day jobs or classes too. This is the core of “Find a need and supply it”. Arguments or opinions against paid features is like saying “Well the sugar packets are free at BarStucks, so the coffee should be free too.”. Actually that is not even right, because at WeMod you can sit at the table all day and eat sugar packets until you blow up and not buy a thing. Try that at BarStucks.

There are 88 Keys on a mini-keyboard, plus Shift-(key), Ctrl-(key), Alt-(key), 3 combos of 2 special (pick 2 - Alt, ctrl, shift) plus (key), and Alt-shift-ctrl-(Key) mappable for hot keys. I would really like to know the games that are using so many keybindings that over 560 Additional Key combos is not enough. Darn, just the number keys across the top of the keyboard mean there are 70 keys combos in addition to the numbers 0 - 9. Most of us learned Ctrl-c, Ctrl-v and Alt-F4 before we learned to ride bikes, it is not a foreign concept. Gamers can be creative. They have to be to win. My mouse has extra buttons, I have the double combos Alt-Shift and Alt-Ctrl mapped to two of them. With a thumb press I can fire 200 hot key combos just pressing a single key normally. Really great for mapping w-a-s-d to hot keys since my hand is usually right over those anyway. That is 8 hot keys, without moving my hand position for either hand. Zero complicated about that.

Does it really matter if ‘they’ had intended to tease with the interactive controls, then charge when people found they like it. I doubt they did, but even if I am wrong, So? It is just smart to see that this feature is worth money and charge for it. Although a more likely senario is someone thought, “Hey, if we can make this better with new features and better interfaces, we could add it to a pro version, recover more costs and maybe even get a faster update cycle for high priority trainers, and potentially feed ourselves more than ramen too”. There comes a time when living off ramen, Mnt. Dew and pixie stix while trying to code, work, have a life and occasionally sleep gets really, really old. Really, really old! This ofc is assuming that the Trainer Makers even have a wage or split, haha, profits, which seems unlikely with costs of server space and bandwidth. Most geeks in the cheat scene are in it for love of the hack, and paid features barely or fail to cover costs.

Also, there is a group making trainers of which all the new ones for the last 2 years or so include the interactive control, and hot key control, even mapping to controler buttons. Guess what. They charge a membership for access to nearly 90% of their trainer library and have not made a free trainer that I know of in over a year. Yes that is correct they charge for hotkey use as well as point and click, and even pay-per-trainer while offering no new free trainers. That is the business model that WeMod is not following yet, and I thank them for that. That said a partial “pro only” set of trainers, or a sub set of pro-only effects in trainers, e.q. No death, unlimited mana are free, all items and infinite movement per turn are pro-only, are the obvious steps when having to choose between eating or shutting down a site. The more people that can rearrange a budjet to Go Pro, the less likely changes like those will need to happen. I can’t afford new lipstick, but I intend to throw in for pro even if I have to cancel every other month when it’s WeMod or Netflix that month.

4 Likes

Well put @selaena, my sentiments exactly. Whenever I see such complaints, I am always floored at the sense of entitlement. I’ve been a software developer for over 22 years, and the only “free work” I’ve ever done has been for my father. I have the skills to write my own trainers, but it simply is not worth the time nor effort. Investing in WeMod is a far more logical choice, and I know I’m supporting an entire community by that investment.

Nonetheless, those who complain that they intend to “take their toys and leave” are the type of individuals I don’t believe any of us want as a part of this community. As you stated, a Pro membership is something one can budget for, but it sometimes means sacrificing something else. Childish individuals find it easier to stomp their feet rather than make the effort to do so. Like many, I’m on a very fixed budget, but within two weeks after joining, was able to determine a way to afford the cost.

With many of my primary responsibilities involving caring for my 87 year-old father, “me time” is a luxury. If I’m very lucky, I might get 3 hours to myself per day (usually about 1), so time is precious. With WeMod, I can easily enjoy my games without frustration, without a bunch of configuration, as well as interact with a fine community. Those who do not feel it is a worthwhile investment likely have yet to understand “real world” challenges. In time, one can only hope they will realize life isn’t so easy, nor filled with handouts.

2 Likes

@Telarius Well spoken!

1 Like