Middle-earth: Shadow of War (Definitive Edition) Cheats and Trainer for Steam

To anyone having problems with the Unlimited Focus cheat, I was having similar issues (Focus would immediately be depleted and I couldn’t replenish it, and deactivating the cheat caused the game to crash).

I think I’ve found a workaround. If I activate the cheat on the game’s main menu (BEFORE hitting “Play” within the game - not WeMod - and loading into my save file), it seems to work without issue. I can take my bow out, fire arrows, and do my Elven Sprint without my Focus draining or the game crashing (assuming I don’t deactivate the cheat).

If other people could try this to see if it works and let me know their experience, that’d be cool. I have no idea if it works for other problematic cheats; I only use Health, Focus, and Unlimited Arrows.

1 Like

I’m still having the same problem. Buildings and stuff is still disappearing when I use the cheats.

for some reason the game keeps crashing when cheats are on, im only using health, focus, might, and rage, it was working fine couple of days ago, now it is not

Same here

What does the megaxp cheat do and how do I use it? I assumed it gives extra xp when you do missions but I got regular amounts of xp.

1 Like

if u max the mega xp meter -by holding (Ctrl + Numpad 2)- whenever u finish a mission or gain any amount of xp, u will gain the mega xp,

this is the only issue I had when I was playing the DLC Desolation of Mordor,
never had any other issues at all during my play time in main story and the DLC blade of Galadriel.
I will try your workaround and let u know if it works with me.

May 7 here

Started a brand new campaign with the trainer (steam definitive edition), ran perfectly fine, no problems whatsoever

Return a few hours later to the game (right before the initial arena mission) and uh…game glitches in every possible way with the trainer running. Missing textures, AI is frozen, menus take forever to load, attacking causes crashes, initial load-in lets you see the minimap, black screen, then flashes to talion naked falling on the ground and getting up before doing the proper load in at a palantir tower… etc etc Game is effectively unplayable

No mismatch on trainer tho. Without the trainer, the game runs perfectly smooth (even verified steam files)

Just tried launching the game with the trainer today (May 8) and it just has an infinite loading screen now. The base game without the trainer works just fine however

EDIT: Turns out turning on Airplane mode so the game cannot access the internet fixes it. Makes using the companion app useless however

Yes am having the same problem after the first arena mission, exact same problem as you have stated. Though in my case the game crashes when I add silver coins and skill points and the Unlimited focus cheat turns on but it keeps flickering on/off and does not fill the bar.

Tried to turn off wifi and ethernet to remove access from the internet and turn on airplane mode but it would not start the game then. Bought the game on steam just a day ago.

Got CTD using the silver cheat(haven’t tried any others since I didn’t wanna use em).
I found a work around using airplane mode(Just disconnecting from the internet doesn’t work but for some reason airplane mode just works.) Basically I load in game, turn airplane mode on and the crashes stop. It takes a bit more jank work to get the silver cheat to work but it does. I basically had to open my inventory, back out of it, open the start menu but not open my inventory then use the cheat hotkey, then I unpause then open my inventory back up to see a stack of silver that wasn’t there before. My steps might be off as I tried all sorts of different orders to these steps as well, like opening inventory backing out to the menu, spamming hotkey for silver, opening inventory up again ect.(this method I am pretty sure didn’t work.

Why does mine keep glitching when loading up cheat?

Injection causes heavy graphical glitches, and sometimes even NPCs disappear completely, you can still hear them but they are gone.

Add Silver - CTD
Add Skill Points - CTD
ElvenRage - Sometimes CTD
Might - Sometimes CTD

The rest will CTD too but only after hours of constant activation, this trainer needs to be updated at the moment its unplayable.

1 Like

Can we get an update?

Alot of button prompts are pink, kinda difficult to change it when the place you change keybindings do not work because it is pink as well, thus you can’t change the keybindings.
The enemies don’t get “targeted”. As in, when you sneak, try to stealth kill them, it might not work because the enemy is not targeted. Also drain, or stealth interogate don’t work because of that.
After going through this, killing the first captain with the mega exp on, it will CTD. I have not tried any other cheats, given how I want to be as high level from the start, like a new game+.

Will there be an update?

I found the sollution in the non Definitive Edition, uninstall the High Resolution Texture Pack. What I think is happing, is that the engine or whatnot, can’t handle all of the things that are happening. Too large files that need to be run all at the same time causes the gate to CTD. Putting the cheats, or what else you’d call it from the launcher, just overloads it.

Nope… Going back to the game some days later, and the cheats do not work. Might be that I am doing something wrong on my end, although I do doubt it. I see people that have written here the last posts says that they are aswell having issues. The game is so grindy, having something to level up fast is really nice. Only problem is when the one thing that helps you, no longer work.
Would be nice that the cheats that are there, could be set and forget, like the exp thing (that don’t work). Or the add skills (that don’t work), and the unlock skill (that worked for the small amount of time I played of the last post.

1 Like

Unlimited focus just makes focus mode rapidly activate and deactivate , making it unusable , and toggling it off during gameplay causes cdt

Does it not supposed to work for dlcs too , cuz it crashes for me ?

Edit: The flickering focus thing is back when using infinite focus, but here’s what happened to me.

I didn’t have any issues until I had allowed things to download in the background on steam while the game was running, and then they disappeared after I disabled that. But now it’s back, so who knows~

Okay, so I just downloaded the Definitive Edition from Steam, and upon attempting to play any storyline (I have tried on all three characters) I randomly crash (always within 5 minutes of activating the trainer, but sometimes before I have activated a single cheat) and the game crashes so hard my PC bluescreens and restarts. Its… very concerning. This is not the first crash I have had with a game on the WeMod engine, but it is the first time I have bluescreened. Is anyone else experiencing the same issue?

There was an update since, now none of the cheats work…

I also have that loud sound when unlimited Might is enabled and it has nothing to do with wemod volume.
Here is what I mean, the first “half” of the video is with unlimited Might enabled and the second with disabled.

It started when I unlocked skills, so its probably because of one of them, but I have no idea which one.

I cant get this too work. The cheats seem to work but the Graphics glitch out. The Orks Heads only appear in the game. Anyone using this without any graphics issues? Thanks