Middle-earth: Shadow of War (Definitive Edition) Cheats and Trainer for Steam

Yeah, none of these work. Most of them crash the game or create odd glitches either graphically or sound wise. Definitely needs an update.

These were working perfectly fine for a good bit, but I alt+F4 once because my favorite orc died and now I canā€™t use the focus cheat, it makes my focus permanently empty, and if I disable and reenable it, the game crashes, and if I just disable it and wait for focus to regen naturally, the game also crashes.

None of the cheats work now :confused:

Well, thatā€™s not true. Iā€™m able to use the trainer just fine (the Might cheat causes the incessant roaring sound sometimes). The only one that seems to cause me any grief is setting your EXP or adding Skill Points. Once you finish something where you would gain EXP or a Skill Point upon leveling, a variety of rather unfun things can happen, but usually it seems to stick to either the game going into an infinite loading cycle the next time thereā€™s a loading screen, or the whole game just crashing.

If NONE of the cheats are working for you, then you need to make sure WeMod is pointed to the gameā€™s EXE file within its install folder. If thatā€™s fine, then you are playing a mismatched version of the game compared to the trainer. The game itself is super rarely updated anymore, so this is most likely because you have a different version of the game itself - make sure youā€™re selecting Standard or Definitive Version within WeMod, yes, they ARE different and trying to use the Standard when you have the Definitive release would certainly result in no cheats working. Vice versa, as well, if you just have the Standard version (even if you bought all the DLC) you canā€™t use the Definitive version of the trainer, it just wonā€™t activate any cheats.

That is usually the problem people have when it comes to ā€œcheats donā€™t workā€ with this and the Shadow of Mordor game, they just forgot to use the right version of the trainer (it is easy to not notice right away, so no big deal).

Could you add damage modifiers or some kind of option that lets you add more damage so Itā€™s easier to break captains Iā€™ve used it on a ct table but it isnā€™t capable of being co-loaded with WeMod ofc.

Hello so, i recently got the game and i am using this trainer, its working alright for me most of time, i thought i would comment because this is the way i turn on the trainer and a lot of the time it works when i do it this way, so i would suggest for the people above this comment to try this.

So for me, i launch the game, then when iā€™m in the main menu i activate the Steam Definitive Edition of the trainer on the game, then i either activate the cheats in the main menu or i load onto my save and then activate the cheats. though activating them in the main menu might work better.

Incase your worried about some objects being invis doing it this way, i think that only happens if you launch the game with the trainer on. I donā€™t see invis objects when i launch the game on steam and then launch the trainer while in the main menu, or at least i donā€™t think so. Canā€™t test atm. But i just launched my game as we speak and i activated my cheats in the main menu and everything seems to be working fine for me right now. I suggest you try to launch the game this way.

Please and thank you for reading, hope this helps!

1 Like

The invisible or glitchy object thing is related to having the 4k High Res texture pack installed and using the trainer. When I had it installed, things would load improperly, some entire objects (like towers for example) would be almost invisible though solid (lol) and the bow reticle would flash and flicker if you activated infinite Elf Shot and randomly would just not let you shoot, or lock you into the bow being drawn until you were hit by something. I had nothing but graphical glitches and loading issues with that 4k High Res pack installed while using this trainer. Once I uninstalled the High Res pack and went back to 2k resolutions, everything loaded fine and the trainer stopped causing bizarre visual and audio glitches (the constant roaring with infinite Might activated would either grow on you, or drive you to drink heavily).

So, to further add to your already helpful post, ditch the 4k High Res pack if youā€™re planning on playing with the trainer and want a smooth experience LOL

I literally reinstalled it just tonight to see if everything I said was still true. It isā€¦ holy crap, this trainer really fudges with the game with that pack installed haha

Trainer is absolutely broken, game crashes at every turn. Its an old game and all but not an excuse to
abandon it. WEMOD PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE UPDATE! first trainer from wemod thats a let down.

There are two Resolution DLC

1. High Resolution Texture Pack
  2. 4K Cinematic Pack

do you mean to remove both or specifically which of those 2?

TIA

Iā€™m sorry, I just meant the High Res Texture pack (it supports 4k resolutions, I think, depends on the card I believe), the Cinematic pack has no effect since those are pre-rendered video files. The actual High Res pack is the culprit behind trainer based shenanigans.

I found an older yet compatible version of this trainer. MrAntiFun trainers has been awesome. I wanna test it out and see if it works properly. Thanks for the reply.

Yeah, sometimes older outdated versions of trainers for some games actually still work, though not always as intended. When games get updated I love testing outdated versions with the updated game to see what simply doesnā€™t work at all, what sort of works, and what does amusingly unexpected things lol

Thereā€™s an old version trainer for Far Cry 5 thatā€™s unlimited ammo option makes every firearm fully automatic, even the ones that are clearly notā€¦ like the bows lol

Bug hunting powers well used :sweat_smile:

Ok ImagineWagons, I used a fresh save and used the right version of the trainer. (Although I already did that last time). I didnā€™t want to majorly cheat in the game so I did not use all the player cheats. But I tried using add silver coins, stats, and arrows. None of them worked for me still. Would it be possible for you to tell me what is happening? Also I would like to know if any of the cheats still worked for you too. Thank you and bye bye!

They all work just fine for me, well the standard affair of Health, Ammo (Elf Shot), Might. Add silver sometimes takes changing screens or even saving and reloading for it to update, never sure why it seems so inconsistent with updating the value in-game.

You loaded the game from the trainer Play button, you are playing the Definitive Edition (or Standard if you bought the DLC separately, whichever), and nothing is working? I donā€™t know, other than to ask if youā€™re using a legal or pirated copy of the gameā€¦ cracked copies of games sometimes donā€™t function correctly or at all with the WeMod trainers, which can be the reason an updated version of a game will inexplicitly not work with the correct trainer. Iā€™m not actually saying this is the case, but thatā€™s more often than not the reason by experience.

https://support.wemod.com/

Iā€™ve had fully updated games do that myself, but usually, it is because there was one of those hotfix patches rolled out which takes three seconds to update the game so you donā€™t even noticeā€¦ but that canā€™t be the case with this game. It hasnā€™t had a hotfix or title update inā€¦ years lol

Is there a way to get baranors currency? or does the Add Silver works with it as well?

I seem to be having trouble with the unlimited focus. Where it gets enabled, all of my focus is gone. When I disable the cheat, my game crashes. Any thoughts?

Focus is a touchy option on this trainer. Usually it activates, your focus appears to be none, but when used it is actually unlimited, it just has to reset between instances of use. Sometimes, though, it just doesnā€™t function and, as you experienced, causes the game to crash outright. It is in the same boat with the Might option, though that one the worst I ever seem to experience is the excessive roaring sound with most any action, or minus that but anytime I pull out the bow the mechanics for the act of drawing and firing Elf Shot appear to be utterly broken and unusable. The Focus option sometimes does that last part also.

I am not entirely certain what causes it, though I do know if you have the HD texture pack installed that causes major issues with the trainer optionsā€¦ for whatever ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ā–  reason. Without it, any issues Iā€™ve had with the trainer can be circumnavigated in some way, with it half the options either donā€™t work or donā€™t work correctly, the other half seem to affect things that are unrelated to the optionā€™s parameters. Many just create very odd graphical glitchesā€¦ that HD pack is really a massive thorn in this trainerā€™s side haha

Same here, activating any cheat makes the game crashing.

Everything says invalid string ID for me.

Hi all,
Iā€™m having an issue with the game being stuck on the initial loading screen and staying there - tried both versions of the trainer. Starting the game normally through steam works fine. Any ideas?

Thanks,
D