Modio 5

But it is a design i have never seen before, i don’t like it much either.

I hope the new Horizon has a sexy interface. Anyway as for Modio only a matter of time before it dies again.

While there may have been some competitiveness in the past, I generally think we should all be past that stage now, There will always be that feeling of rivalry between each community and modding tool, but in reality the competition ended some time ago.

My thoughts on the tool are in no way a biased one, but rather my personal, truthful opinion. I haven’t used Modio since early 2010, if I have it would have been sparingly. I personally would have liked them to provide a good alternative to Horizon and make some friendly competition again, seeing as it never hurts. I don’t want to see anyone fall on their back, in the end we all are part of the same genre of community and we should all have mutual respect towards each other.

All I will say is that I believe it was a disappointment, for all the time it was in development it should have been better, much better. I can safely say I’d rather use the current version of Horizon which is more than better than 5.0, and having seen a taste of things to come in 3.0, it’s safe to say there is and won’t be any competition.

Without trying to be too negative, I think it’s a disappointment personally. It’s been a long time since Modio had a major update, and with regards to the amount of time, I think a lot of people, including me, were expecting something a bit more. The GUI isn’t terrible, but I’m not a fan of it at all, when minimized everything looks too bundled together and when maximised, everything looks too spaced out. I like the tab option, but that’s probably about it. The lack of tools is also a major disappointment, nice to see some newer one’s in there, but even the older versions had more than this does, it seems they’ve taken a backwards step, rather than the forward one they needed to take. I, like it seems the general consensus, don’t like how the editors don’t open without a save, but that’s just personal preference I guess rather than a design flaw. The way the editor images randomly change doesn’t look great either, the images used are of poor resolution also.

This seems more like a beta than a full release to me personally, as insulting as that sounds it’s true, and I don’t mean any bit of disrespect because I respect and appreciate the work put into it, and god knows I couldn’t make anything close to this. All in all, a disappointing in my book, and to reiterate, I’m not saying this just because this is XboxMB or because It’s Modio we’re discussing, if I thought the release was on par or better than Horizon, I’d say it, but quite frankly it’s not so yep.

1 Like

While there may have been some competitiveness in the past, I generally think we should all be past that stage now, There will always be that feeling of rivalry between each community and modding tool, but in reality the competition ended some time ago.

My thoughts on the tool are in no way a biased one, but rather my personal, truthful opinion. I haven’t used Modio since early 2010, if I have it would have been sparingly. I personally would have liked them to provide a good alternative to Horizon and make some friendly competition again, seeing as it never hurts. I don’t want to see anyone fall on their back, in the end we all are part of the same genre of community and we should all have mutual respect towards each other.

All I will say is that I believe it was a disappointment, for all the time it was in development it should have been better, much better. I can safely say I’d rather use the current version of Horizon which is more than better than 5.0, and having seen a taste of things to come in 3.0, it’s safe to say there is and won’t be any competition.

Without trying to be too negative, I think it’s a disappointment personally. It’s been a long time since Modio had a major update, and with regards to the amount of time, I think a lot of people, including me, were expecting something a bit more. The GUI isn’t terrible, but I’m not a fan of it at all, when minimized everything looks too bundled together and when maximised, everything looks too spaced out. I like the tab option, but that’s probably about it. The lack of tools is also a major disappointment, nice to see some newer one’s in there, but even the older versions had more than this does, it seems they’ve taken a backwards step, rather than the forward one they needed to take. I, like it seems the general consensus, don’t like how the editors don’t open without a save, but that’s just personal preference I guess rather than a design flaw. The way the editor images randomly change doesn’t look great either, the images used are of poor resolution also.

This seems more like a beta than a full release to me personally, as insulting as that sounds it’s true, and I don’t mean any bit of disrespect because I respect and appreciate the work put into it, and god knows I couldn’t make anything close to this. All in all, a disappointing in my book, and to reiterate, I’m not saying this just because this is XboxMB or because It’s Modio we’re discussing, if I thought the release was on par or better than Horizon, I’d say it, but quite frankly it’s not so yep.

1 Like

I’ve gotta give it to Bran for actually doing it all and making it work though. He may be a little crazy for doing it all with GDI+ instead of just using WPF. It also looks like they scrapped tools which either they didn’t code themselves, or that didn’t work like they want them to, and are recoding them.

With that said… while I don’t really touch Xbox stuff these days, the only app I’ll use is Velocity, since it will actually run on OS X and is generally awesome.

Did they even come out with Modio 4 Yet? Or and I just slow af??? o.o

Just wanted to say that i am VIP on modio… and I really do not like it. So I figured that I would give Horizon a try. Look forward to talking to all of you.

You’ll love it, diamond gives you access to much better tools inside the program, have a great time here!

I’ll definitively try! Just downloaded Horizon about to take a look through it. Quick question is this site on any mobile apps like tapatalk? Haven’t had the chance to search for it yet on my phone.

Personally, Horizon is better than Modio, except for Horizon lacks one important tool: MW2 Gamesave Editor.

Cheater and unknown are working on great features for Horizon, but at the end Modio and Horizon are all about game editors (especially, exclusive editors) and a good looking UI easy to navigate through.

The developers team at Game-Tuts didn’t do so bad, they have a good UI and they update Modio every week (so far they added two new editors). With the time they had they could have done something better in my opinion, but I’m sure they already have a lot of editors done to keep up with this weekly update promise.

Very crisp and clean UI, however it freezes up a lot and the games are very limited…Maybe I’m missing something?

Speaking of freezing… Horizon just froze and crashed :anguished:

Did you get any errors?

No, Sir. Just a not responding. Then crashed.I’ll see if i can duplicate the situation again. Is there somewhere that I should report my findings?

You can create a thread in the Bug Reports section located here: Horizon Bug Reports - XboxMB - Xbox Message Boards

It’s almost as if chrome and IE had a baby.

Joakim had 0 involvement with making the tool itself.

I remember when things looked unique and different now everyone wants to copy success.

Alright! Modio 5 lol, I’m sticking With Horizon. It’s sexier.