Modio 5

Well this is great i was wondering when they would be done upgrading it…

I completely agree with you, you never see any unique programs anymore.

This is kind of like Internet Explorer and Google Chrome combined. Internet Explorer because they make their commercials really good but the program is ****ty, and Google Chrome because the gui is exactly the same as Google Chrome.

It looks like all they did was copy the Google Chrome GUI.

Why does everyone care so much about how things look these days? I understand visual design is a fundamental part of programs, but I remember when someone posted advertising their modding program, they bashed Horizon because it “copied” designs and wasn’t original.
Correct me if I’m wrong but we are discussing modding programs aren’t we? Someone can make the flashiest damn modding program anyone’s ever seen, all from scratch. But if that program can’t mod my game properly, what the hell is the point?

Instead of everyone dragging on about how it looks, why not form a fair and accurate opinion by trying it out yourself? I don’t see anyone doing that

I Like it because it has a Deadspace 3 tool lol, that’s about it tho.

I have a response to several things.

Modio 5 looks pretty damn good to me and the popup editors are really neat. I haven’t actually used it yet, but only explored the features so I can’t speak on performance, but then again, I don’t mod video games, like ever. And I’m not sure what went into the designing process but I’m sure it was more then drag and drop DLL files so +1 for GameTuts.

And they clearly did more then copy the design of Google Chrome as Google Chrome doesn’t mod Xbox files ya’ dumbasses. Besides, Google Chrome is beautiful and for it to be carried onto a modding program is good for me.

Anybody who says this is the wrong place to post a modding tool is stupid, this forum is called “Xbox 360 Modding Tools” and Modio definitely mods the Xbox 360 ergo it should be posted here so -1 for whoever said that.

Nevertheless, I still hardly use Horizon and I probably never will use Modio and if I were ever to need to mod something, it would be in Velocity so +1 for Velocity and +∞ for Hejekei.

DID YOU THINK OF THAT BY YOURSELF!?

We can stop pointing out the fact that it looks like Google Chrome, it’s been established pretty damn clearly.

Not sure if you know this or not but, the new Modio kind of looks like Google Chrome. #umadbro

OT: I’ve always preferred Horizon over Modio, except when it comes to transferring unique packages. Modio comes out on top (least for me) in that category. Horizon always give an error.

Modio is a good program and I give props to the creators for this new version.

I still use this to download saves

I second that
The UI looks like it took a ****load of work and who fkn cares if its “stolen” or looks like Google Chrome ?
Im 99,9% sure that they didnt copy&paste the UI so build it themself, with Chrome as example.
I doubt that Modio will be as successful as Horizon ( nothing can beat that ), but I guess they didnt want to achieve that anyway.

Never going to test it anyway, Im too old for this **** :stuck_out_tongue:

I turned it off.

That theme is revolting. Even their last one was better.

You are correct, functionality should be above design every time, but I still feel design is vitally important. You aren’t going to use a program which throws tons of errors and is coded poorly, but at the same time would you be compelled to use a program which does work but at the same time looks like a blind person has gone HAM on paint. Of course I’m not implying Modio looks like that, it looks better than most programs, I’m just talking in general. Design and functionality are both pivotal if you’re going to have a successful tool.

Also, quite a few people including myself have tested it out Helen Keller, when it was released there were numerous bugs and probably still are, errors are inevitable though, the program itself is still one of the better one’s out there, but when you compare tools, It still has a way to go yet.

[s]This is open source…? No obfuscation.

EDIT: All gamesaves and xbox classes are obfuscated. But the core IO class and design aren’t. Good for them(:[/s]

EDIT x2: After closer inspection, I realized I was completely wrong.

Modio is whack, Horizon is 50x better and ever 50x better when Horizon 3.0 comes out. I feel Horizon is more what secure when it comes to Achievement modding as 3rd party ones are weak. I <3 Horizon.

I usually use Modio now when transferring saves since Horizon always messes up my Skyrim saves. Besides that, I think Horizon is well ahead.

Be happy there is 2 successful an active tools being worked on by great people enjoy an support.

i feel bad for horizon cause of something bad

Didnt Modio shut down? Either way you shouldnt bump 3 year old threads.

@Chris Would you kindly close this?