Possible trojan from WeMod (solved; false positive)

I attempted to launch a trainer about 5 minutes before the moment I am typing this, but windows defender gave me an error. I am not sure if it was the trainer (Synthetik: Legion Rising trainer produced by @STiNGERR ) or WeMod itself, but I was given an alert of a Trojan virus. I removed the threat and ran a scan to no results, but I’m not sure if this could happen again or if this is a known issue. Defender said that the virus was actively being controlled by an outside source, and the trainer was unable to launch properly. Any replies pertaining to the issue are welcome and appreciated.

Welcome back to the community. :slight_smile:

You have experienced what is known as a false positive. This will occur for some trainers every now and again, no matter where on the internet you download them from.

Please use the search feature before posting. See here for an explanation of why it happens and how to resolve it: Windows Defender marked WeMod as a Trojan - WeMod Support.

Thank you! I was looking for a post on the issue as soon as I had posted, although I guess I should do it in reverse order. I guess I just panicked a bit, I will search for an issue before posting next time i have one. Thanks again.