Steam deck, are you working on trainers for it?

No, steamos is not based on windows, but Arch Linux.
Though I really hope, and would pay for wemod on steamos

Really? You can just use it as an Xbox controller input?? Is not hard.
Or do you mean you only play keyboard mouse games?

It is certainly doable, the only real question is the effort.

Pretty much the discussion regarding Linux is irrelevant - the Steam Deck games are Windows versions running in a Windows emulator.

WeMod would need to be tested on the various proton versions used for each game (different games use different versions of proton due to compatibility issues).

The question is how much effort is involved in injecting the mods into the running executable on the Steam Deck. I don’t have a clue whether or not you can inject the changes from a different instance of proton, but that’s probably the real hurdle.

And of course, Valve isn’t going to make WeMod available in Steam, so we’ll have to use a different method to get it onto the Deck.

1 Like

12,800 views is a lot of views…WEMOD Team what are you waiting for??? Hopefully you guys are on this, your PC sales have to be tapped out, this is a whole new revenue market that you guy are just letting slip by…

2 Likes

Try reading the threads before replying to them @dubljay0612, then you’ll see why there’s an issue getting WeMod to work on Steam Deck currently.

WeMod’s lead developer is an awesome bloke, but sadly never went to Hogwarts, so he cannot just wave a wand around and chant some really badly translated Latin. :sparkles: :man_mage:

Also, let’s refrain from spamming the community by posting the same thing in multiple threads. :slight_smile:

1 Like

I totally agree with you because honestly if you’re a paying customer they should have it available especially if you’re a monthly paying customer. If this was cheatahaps I could understand that they do not accommodate you. Because you don’t have to pay cheatapp3ns unfortunately we mod we pay you so it should be able to accommodate Lennox. I’m not trying to sound over privilege but if you pay somebody to do a job especially if the payment is a yearly payment I think this should have committed you

1 Like

I think you have the two of us confused. Cheats happen is paid, WeMod is 100% free to use. You gain additional features with Pro, but you do not need it. We have to prioritize what we are working on, and spending hundreds of hours making WeMod for Steam Deck when at best 10% of all users have one doesn’t make much sense right now. If the ownership of Steam Deck increases or if we have extra dev time, it will be looked into but we pretty much have our 2023 already planned out.

3 Likes

You’re in luck, I’ve perfected installing WeMod to the Steam Deck over the past few weeks. Posted on Reddit and the WeMod forums. I have extensively tested this method on nearly 30 games at this point, wanted to wait until i could guarantee its pretty much universally reproducible and cut down to the simplest steps before i made another tutorial, my first was a mess filled with unnecessary steps that i included because i wasn’t sure if they were needed or not.

1 Like

Idk if this is a WeMod issue or a Steam Deck issue, but the entire Assassins Creed series only works with the Ubisoft trainers, not the Steam trainers. I thought it had to do with Ubisoft Connect but Watch Dogs and Watch Dogs 2 work with the Steam trainers despite also having Ubisoft Connect

1 Like

Pro is pretty much mandatory for Steam Deck because a lot of games will crash when switching between the game and WeMod, and many more games disable all input on WeMod, so i heavily rely on the app to use WeMod on Deck. The good thing is, regardless of prefix, once you connect your phone, it will work on every single WeMod installation in every prefix automatically.

And as I’ve said before, you guys don’t need to make a Deck exclusive client, just optmizing the Windows client for the best performance and compatibility with Proton is really all you guys need to do. WeMod works very much out of the box so long as you properly install everything. But when you guys do have time to focus on the Deck, all that’s really needed is a WeMod Decky plugin client, which I’m sure would be a lot easier than a full featured Deck client as it can be very minimalist and streamlined.

1 Like

I am not linux savvy in the least bit, I tried following BrandonKingM’s guide. I feel i’m really dumb. If anyone with knowledge of Linux and windows could re-write this that would be awesome.

Or would it just be easier if i installed window 11 and ran wemod?

I have a Steam Deck, and I was hoping WeMod had Linux support.

My perfected and streamlined WeMod tutorial for Steam Deck. Unofficial but possibly helpful. :slight_smile:

1 Like

It seems my guide works for some people and not others, but i made a post detailing the good news i received on GitHub this morning. My guide is 100% reliant on a program called Steam Tinker Launch and the dev maintaining it has said he will look into adding it as a feature. I can only dream of WeMod being handled how STL handles Vortex. Its got one single install that is downloaded, installed and setup automatically and then every game you launch with Vortex, STL automatically creates symlinks for allowing that one install to work on everything. Hopefully we’ll have a much better solution than mine soon enough. I did the best i could with what little i know, and am damn proud i got it working because it felt like no one had accomplished this before me but I never used Linux before i got my Steam Deck, so I am still very inexperienced with it.

Proton isn’t a “windows emulator”.

Fair, lazy on my part… it’s a wine compatibility layer.

There’s a tutorial to get WeMod installed and working now, so I think we’re past the hurdles.

why not just install windows on the steamdeck and then use wemod, its a pc and wemod does run on windows 11 just fine.

1 Like

Because SteamOS is awesome? And installing Windows costs you a lot of Steam Deck SteamOS exclusive features like the proper console like suspend and resume, and system wide FSR 1.0