The Long Dark Cheats and Trainer for Steam

I noticed that I can use Infinite Durability if I keep it off until I need it and then I drop everything I want to restore, pick it up again, and then turn it off. Everything I dropped and picked up again is 100% and no crashes.

1 Like

The The Long Dark cheats have been updated!

Changes:

• Bug fixes and game compatibility improvements
2 Likes

Game isn’t crashing anymore, but Infinite Durability still bugged, equipment would have over 100% durability and not work well on other thing like food etc.

2 Likes

Water still has weight, as does bagged meat (quarters). Inf durability is tricky, especially with guts or hides. Best to leave it off for now.
Still, Appreciate your efforts MrAntiFun! kudos

2 Likes

Durability is definitely not working.
Before at least we could drop everything, then pick up again at it would go to 100%, now it won’t even do that.

Everything has dropped to 10% - must have missed a 0…

Trying to repair clothes doesn’t work either… you get it up to 94% and it drops back to very low condition. Means its now unplayable :slight_smile:
(This is with Durability turned on)

2 Likes

So now it doesn’t work at all???

You’re right. I watched everything go down to 10% and none of the other stuff moved at all not even after dropping it and picking it up. It’s completely unusable now. How do we get their attention to let them know?

1 Like

According to the folks on the WeMod Discord, getting lots of people to post right here is the best way to bring attention to ongoing issues… so I guess if anyone is here reading this because you’re having problems and haven’t posted about it yet, please do so! MrAntiFun is clearly a busy dude so it’ll probably take a lot of noise to garner their attention.

On a related note, this Durability mod must some kinda complicated to have been tweaked so many times and still not work; MrAntiFun is there anything we can do to help? Like, is there a log report somewhere that we could send to give you more data?

3 Likes

With Infinite durability, it turned my guts and wolf pelt to 0% durability by picking up and setting down. When I try to set them down a second time it crashes game. Hope that helps.

2 Likes

I too am experiencing the durability bug. Interestingly, it seems to focus on specific items and not others. Wolf coat, deer leggings, deer boots, rabbit hat, rabbit mitts, moose satchel, heavy wool sweater, military coat, bedroll all affected. Socks, long underwear, balaclava are unaffected. Importantly, the degradation affect not only the items you have on you, but all the same items you have found and stored anywhere across the game.

1 Like

Just posting again to make sure this thing gets some attention. I love The Long Dark. Infinite durability is not fun, though.

I’m going to back up what people are saying. On the PLUS side, it doesn’t crash the game anymore. It also does seem to prevent condition from degrading, at least for some things. But it doesn’t always set things at 100% anymore. Cotton toques are set at 198%. Wool toques are set at 132%. Painkillers are set at 10%. Tea bags are set at 7%. Work pants and insulated boots get set at 50%. Cargo pants get set at 66%… it’s just not consistent!

1 Like

Hey, sup? So the Cheats dont run on Wintermute, what can i do to make it run?
BG

2 Likes

The The Long Dark cheats have been updated!

Changes:

• Bug fixes and game compatibility improvements
1 Like

The new update made me laugh. My moose meat was at 8000%, I think? I didn’t get a chance to play with it for a while to see how it worked over time but the update was funny.

Ok, just got a chance to fiddle with it a little bit. It works well enough for me. When I turn it on some of the stuff shoots up to like 9000%, which is hilarious, but then when I turn it off it goes down to 100% so it works but you only need it every now and then which is perfectly fine with me.

Just don’t get into any bear fights…

Also, while it does work on craftable clothes it doesn’t work on craftable tools. Not even if you drop it and pick it up. That’s not such a big deal because of easy crafting.

Seems like that’s fixed now or it fixes itself over time for most of it.

Thanks for the fixes! My game is fun again! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I still can’t get unlimited weight on the wintermute story. Any way you can fix that?

1 Like

Same here. Home page opens first. But tld.exe is restarted on opening Wintermute which is not supported by Wemod yet. @ [MrAntiFun] I’d appreciate a look at this.

The F9 function does not work on some items, and the durability of some items becomes strange. I hope this feature can keep 100% durability of the item as before.

That’s all for the present. I wish you a happy life!

1 Like

Same here. Home page opens first. But tld.exe is restarted on opening Wintermute which is not supported by Wemod yet. @ [MrAntiFun] I’d appreciate a look at this.

3 Likes

When I open the story mode the game kinda reopens and most of the mods don’t work. Anyway this can get fixed? Thanks for the awesome work btw. I have had more fun playing games lately that I have already played. So much more you can do now. HAPPY NEW YEAR@

3 Likes

I know the Trainer was just updated but I am still having the same issues. Unlimited Weight/Items/Durability and Easy Craft, do not work in story mode. As soon as you try and activate them, they immediately deactivate. And I also tried to play in survivor mode. Unlimited Items/Easy Craft still cause the game to crash.

Thank you for the time and effort you put into updating the trainers.

3 Likes