The Long Dark Cheats and Trainer for Steam

Hey STN, just a friendly update. As of 8/11/18 a few of the cheats don’t work in infinity. In no way is this a complaint because I love what you have done and and enjoyed it a lot. Just wanted to make you aware. Thanks for all the hard work you do. Smooches.

1 Like

Can the trainer be updated please? None of the cheats are working for me

1 Like

Please do an update for version 1.40. The ‘No Freezing’ cheat keeps turning itself off after a few seconds. None of the others are doing this in my game. The ‘unlimited items’ doesn’t work for all items: cans of soda, dog food, and peaches, for example, don’t become unlimited, but items like cattails, sticks, reclaimed wood, bandages, and matches do become unlimited? An update would really be appreciated whenever someone has time :slight_smile: Thank you in advance :slight_smile:

Update please?

@jmfuqua2017 Actually, I noticed that even with Anitfun Cheat Trainer, foot doesn’t become unlimited with his either. just what you said: sticks, wood, bandages, ect. It may be that the code for those items isn’t able to be changed to make them unlimited

What exactly is broken?

There are conflicting reports in this thread so i don’t know if its broken or just a user error. Someone says items doesn’t affect everything so it is working for most and no other report about anything broken.

For me, the cheats do not work at all. They turn on for about 2 seconds, then switch back off.

Do not update it yet. The entire game is being redone and the update is going to be released later this week. They already said no saves or anything will work with the new system.

3 Likes

Please update the game now after the newest update.

Chris just said above your post to not do it. I will take Chris’s word.

Are the comments here supposed to mean something ?

it got released like 20 minutes after my post.

For my game, the only thing that turns itself off every game is the ‘no freezing’. The others flick on/off until I enter into my save and then they seem to stabilize to on for. The only time I noticed something else flick off was when my character accidentally fell down a ravine, it affected the health bar severely. Not sure if it should have with the ‘no health’ turned on. Turning it off and then back on corrected it though. The unlimited items is awesome but I’d rather have the no freezing since I like exploring in the game. Please do make an update when they re-release the game or update it or whatever the developers are going to do. I would really appreciate it :slight_smile:

Very possible. I do like having infinite firewood though lol… There is a save editor that works but I am hesitant on that because I don’t want my game to be corrupted. I’m still trying to be able to use the bow on a rabbit o.0 I am not very good at it lol.

They just did their patch update yesterday, where they fix the bugs that came out with the big patch. I think it’s safe to update the trainer now, their probably won’t be another game update for awhile.

You will need to vote for an update in WeMod.

1 Like

Okay :frowning: I hope that all the voters who voted the game in to have a trainer in the first place get the heads up to go vote to have it updated now. I just want to be able to explore around and play the game without dying from frostbite all the time :sob:

1 Like

WeMod should keep those trainers already voted in updated without the need for more votes.

Well that is great. Was hoping for an update but since it wants us to vote for said update to even be up, that’s gonna take some time. The crux of being a non-pro user.

Upon using unlimited items and condition, it would not allow me to pick up stuff (the item would just hover) and when i try to light a lamp or flare they would have me stuck in the lighting animation until the item is put away. I have not tried the other cheats yet, but i will probably reply again if they don’t work either.

I would understand the need for an upvote to update the trainer more if it hadn’t needed to be updated prior to what the game developers just did with their massive game overhaul. As it is, I’m admittedly a little frustrated and disappointed, especially since I don’t think it will get an update anytime soon. And I’m suspecting that many players that voted to have a trainer mod for The Long Dark have probably moved on so there’s just a handful of us waving a flag pleading for an update :frowning: I’m such a bad player that I have the game on the lower setting in survival mode just to keep from getting killed by the bears and wolves and I keep dying of frostbite :frowning: And it’s not that I don’t appreciate the work that the trainer makers put into making the trainers but there’s not many games I play available on WeMod so when I finally got The Long Dark I was super excited to see that there was a trainer for it. Unfortunately, my excitement didn’t last very long.

2 Likes