WeMod app connecting issue

Yes just the same. It has never let me down in any way before and I do like it. Automatically updated the other day has not been the same since.

Iā€™m having the same issue you are alanj64. Best we can do for right now is wait for an update or patch to fix these issues.

@frank Can you chime in here, seems to be a growing problem across multiple users

That is definitely a firewall/AV or connection issue. The app is unable to connect to any website ā€“ WeMod API, WeMod Forum, and Bugsnag (app bug tracker) :confused: I donā€™t think thereā€™s anything we can do on our end to fix it. Iā€™ll search around and see if thereā€™s others experiencing the same issue with other Electron-based apps.

Thatā€™s what I said 2 days ago. The wemod update " wakes " up antivirus and blocks it
Thatā€™s what happened last wemod update 5 I think
" every thing worked fine till the update "

For the last 2 days Iā€™ve found that ifm the app fails to work I run the setup again wemod.exe from my download folder and it has run each time.
I did not uninstall the app just run the wemod.exe

Try this one for shits and giggles

https://api.wemod.com/infinity/download

Idk mite help we throw that up when people have probs downloading the app ?

Hi frank.

I use malwarebytes and I heard that wemod works fine with that. I also allowed the update.exe and wemod.exe through the firewall and it still doesnā€™t connect. Hope the problem gets resolved as I do enjoy the wemod service.

No joy . The other app worked for a while but its now gone kaput.
This new one is nit even trying.
Hope you can sort it
Alan

Now loading all the way but when I choose a game an press play the hub advert comes up and says continue using wemod and wont progress from there

Any headway with this problem yet?

Same problem. Switched to MalewareBytes but nothing changed. Added exceptionsā€¦etcā€¦
Really dig WeMod but this is a bummer how much work it is to fix this.

installed update and now im unable to sign in.

im now signed in. i just kept spamming the sign in button.

And the worst thing is , is itā€™s hard to fix something only a handful of people are having problems

2 Likes

Help, canā€™t play without cheats. Iā€™m 70 years old and only have 3 games

1 Like

Same problem here, sometimes it works, most times it does not. Because it works sometimes, it cant be the firewall (all exceptions are made), and becaue I can log in here means, it cant be my account, but after a while i get the message ā€œcant connect to wemodā€. The worst part is, I can choose my games and the trainer, but to start it, i have to hit ā€œplayā€, and then the ā€œsign inā€ pops up, but when i try to use my account data, nothin happens. As i recall, shouldnt there be an offline-mode in wemod 6? Does anyone know, how to start the offline mode?

I got mine working OK too. Seeing how it crashed last time after an update, I had an occasion when I had to restore my computer for another reason. As soon as I restored it I went straight to the wemod folder and deleted the update.exe file and it has worked for several days now no probs

I think some people just donā€™t write about their problemsā€¦
:face_with_monocle:

Iā€™m having a similar issue when I try to log in, Iā€™ve removed all anti virus, completely uninstalled and reinstalled WeMod and when I try to login it gives me there was an problem logging you in. I reset my password and to my knowledge not having any other network issues.

If you can restore your comp or go back to an earlier time when wemod was working, restore to that time. Before you do anything else after restore, go to C:/ user name / appdata / local /wemod and delete the update.exe file.
Mine has been fine since. Hope that works.