WeMod app connecting issue

In the end you’ll learn he had some malware installed someplace, that he cleaned it up or reinstalled his Windows and now everything’s working fine. Yeah, not a WeMod issue :slight_smile: Let’s wait and see :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Can`t login,have tried everything!

Have you tried Wemod 6.0.5? Use the link form ptondo to download. I had the same problem (see my post above), but just installed the new version and everything works as it should…

Ups, spoke to soon, today it doesn’t work anymore…nothing has changed, but i can’t login (again).

I happen to have the same issue sometimes, but I eventually fix this randomly by cutting down some process in the task manager (WeMod process duplicate by 4 or 5 times, Skype? and VLC which sometimes plants during a stream and does not close correclty).

For the AntiVirus theory, well, even if the services is off (services.msc) when the issue occur is still remain bugged.

I don’t really know how I happen to fix this problem but I hope that will help someone else.

Ok, I’m not sure, if my solution is stable, the last times it worked for a day or so, then get back to fail, but I stay optimistic. So, this is what helped me:
I get the err_connection_timed_out for mulitple sites, that are needed for wemod to work (start developer tool, look into network, maybe refresh, there should be multiple red signs, all time outs). The websites are online, but the connection does not establish. So I went for services.msc (just type these in the start menu for windows), found the cryptographic services, went into properties, to “log on”, switched to local system account and enabled “allow services to interact”, left properties, disabled the cryptographic services and restarted them. After that, for the moment, wemod worked, even it did not before the switch. Hope this helps, I will come back in a few days and report, if it solved the problem for me…

Ok, the system is stable for 3 days now, I think, the solution worked for me

Interestingly enough restarting the cryptographic services instantly connects wemod to online and logs you in.

I’m not sure why the update would interfere with this in anyway… but hey its a solution.

it seems, this problem is rather common with the chrome browser, so, maybe wemod uses chrome as connection to the api sites?

WeMod is built on Electron; however, Electron uses Chromium which is the framework for chrome.

I’m sorry to bring up an old thread but this happened to me and I looked on here to solve and it did. It was my ESET. Like someone said, White list it. (4-9-23)

Thanks!