WeMod not working with Steam Games

So aside from Anti cheat, the only other thing that would stop our trainer from injecting would be a process/dll getting flagged and removed.

@Ravenfyre brought up a valid point as well, are you on the latest windows update?

Yeah, I’m up to date with Windows.
I don’t understand why it’s only occuring in some games and not all of them. All of the games and trainers have worked previously and I’ve had no warnings, popups etc to say there’s anything wrong or anything suspicious. Very annoying.

Same thing is happening with mine all of a sudden. Even if I drag and drop the .exe it does not work. Tried reinstalling WeMod, running as Admin, etc…

Same, probably to do with the recent steam update. No man’s sky about half the options work, half don’t.

I was wondering if it was a conflicting Steam update.
I’ve done all the checks recommended by mods and admin, I’ve checked DLL files several times and the mods still aren’t working.

Hello again! :slight_smile:

To be honest I’m not too sure what’s going on myself. I’ve tested this with Steam games (including Fallout Shelter, which I can see you’ve tried via the log you posted) and, no matter what I’ve tried, I can’t trigger the issue you’re having. :thinking:

What games, in particular, are you having these issues with currently?

@gleamingthecube - No Man’s Sky is currently in need of an update, which is why you’re having issues with that particular trainer. See here: No Man's Sky Cheats and Trainer for Steam

Borderlands 2, Deus Ex: Mankind Divided, Occasionally Frostpunk, Judgment: Apocalypse Survival Simulation, Two Point Hospital and Stellaris (which is currently under maybe compatible.)

I haven’t tried out all my games but out of 36, these are the ones I know definitely aren’t being detected.

Man, why is it always games that I don’t have? :laughing:

However, for Borderlands 2 in particular - I’ve read a few posts before that seems to indicate that the game’s exe is pretty elusive and a few people have linked the wrong file into the trainer. See this post here and make sure the correct .exe is linked in the trainer: Borderlands 2 Cheats and Trainer for Steam. If you’re having difficulty locating the correct .exe, launch the game and then open task manager. Right-click the game’s process and then click Open File Location. The correct .exe should be highlighted.

In any event, maybe you could try re-installing Steam, if you haven’t already.

And then verify the game files via your Steam library (click for help if needed), just in case your antivirus previously deleted something. It shouldn’t have done but there are weird and uncommon cases where an AV has.

1 Like

Yeah, already reinstalled and checked the integrity of the games with no change.

@frank Any ideas on this?

I have no other suggestions aside from what was already recommended.

@RegularDonkey1994 Can you post another app log from after WeMod says the game couldn’t be detected? Hopefully that’ll give some insight. Thanks :slight_smile:

WeMod Judgment.log (21.3 KB) WeMod Two Point.log (21.7 KB)

@frank Here, I’ll treat you to two logs! Enjoy!

Here’s another one that recently stopped working too.
Final Fantasy XII Zodiac Age.

WeMod FF Zodiac.log (22.3 KB)

Do me a favor and try switching over to the BETA channel in the app settings and see if that solves the problem.

There should be a little down arrow in the top right of the app, select that, then settings and you should see a release channel option :slightly_smiling_face:

I’ve already tried Beta, makes no difference. I only went back to stable when I reinstalled the 2nd time.

Thanks for the logs. Still looking into this. I don’t have any ideas on what can be going wrong.

Hey @RegularDonkey1994, can you post a log with a game that you launch from Steam then press Play in WeMod? Sorry for the delay.

As requested. :slight_smile:

WeMod Stellaris.log (14.5 KB)

I’m at a loss. I’m sure if you reinstall Windows it’ll work fine, but that’s a ridiculous ask.

If somebody else reading this has the same issue with the app, please send me your log files after attempting to start a trainer. The more data we gather on this, the more likely it’ll get fixed!

@frank Yeah, not going that far haha! I’m still regularly testing the trainers but nothing has changed.

@Warlock_William_Wolf are you still having problems?