WeMOD setup .exe nothing happens

Hello- I have deactivated my antivirus and no matter how many times i try to run the wemodsetup.exe- nothing happens. it doesnt start at all… any help

Welcome to the community. :slight_smile:

We do not recommend deactivating your antivirus, leaving you exposed to online threats. What we recommend is adding WeMod as an exception in your anti-virus before launching it/installing it.

Your installation issues could also be due to having an outdated or corrupted .NET framework.

See this thread here for the full troubleshooting steps that we recommend: I can’t Install WeMod / "There was a error installing the application" - #2 by Ravenfyre

It seems to be an issue with the exe downloaded from your website- because it installed perfectly when i manually installed an exe given to me by support staff on your discord.

Hello and thank you for your reply. :slight_smile:

This indicates that the download was being blocked by a security program on your PC or network. Part or all of the .exe file was being quarantined and/or deleted by something on your machine, network, or browser. Being given the .exe manually bypasses that.
If this was a widespread issue affecting everyone who visits the website, then we’d be getting reports of it every few seconds, which we are not. Indicating it is a user-sided issue. :slight_smile:

The thread I linked above also allows you to get the .exe directly.

You’ll still need to figure out what was blocking it on your PC, so that it doesn’t block any updates to WeMod. :slight_smile: