What is RGH and What are its Pro's and Con's?

I was talking to a guy about getting my old xbox re-flashed, and he said the RGH is easier. But I got no ****ing clue to what it is. Help me out?

An RGH essentially does the same thing as a jtag, just a different method.

The pros are that you don’t have to burn disks to play pirated games and all of the other things that come with a jtag.

The cons obviously being that you can’t go online, etc.

So would you go with a flashing and iHAS drive for a total of $60, or recommend the RGH for $100.

if you enjoy playing online go with flashing and the ihas drive

Alright. And do you know if this is the drive? shopbot.ca bring its up with NewEggs.

LiteOn iHAS124 24X DVD-Writer, SATA, Black, OEM at Memory Express
Newegg.ca - LITE-ON DVD Burner - Bulk 24X DVD+R 8X DVD+RW 12X DVD+R DL 24X DVD-R 6X DVD-RW 16X DVD-ROM 48X CD-R 32X CD-RW 48X CD-ROM Black SATA Model iHAS124-04 - CD / DVD Burners

Im guessing these aren’t -B’s

It depends completely on what you plan on doing with the games.

Like I said, the RGH can’t go online, so if you want to play your pirated games online, you’re best off going with a flash.

A thing to keep in mind is you’r going to have to update the flashed console to play online which is reflashing over and over. I use to play burnt games but got tired of having to update firmware on flashed consoles and or having them flagged.

I thought JTAG and RGH consoles were able to get back online?

you only have to update 1-2 times a year. maybe 3

Yeap, yes, That is right…

On certain instances yes.
There will be some methods to go online out every once in a while but then again they will get patched.

Basically it gets down to what you want or would prefer. Do you want a console that can’t go online but can run unsigned code? Or do you want to go online and play with backup game copies?

If I wanted to flash it, what card thing do I need?

Get this one it comes with the firmware for it installed.
Preflashed ixtreme Lite-On IHAS124B Black 24x DVD+/-RW SATA Burner–Brand NEW | eBay

That ****z gunna cost me like $55 for the drive alone :anguished:

buy one that can be cross flashed.

Cross-Flashable Models

ASUS
DRW-24B3LT*
DRW-24B3ST*
DRW-24B1LT*
DRW-24B1ST*

Dell
PLDS DH-16ABS

HP
DVD1270i*
DVD1260i*

Lite-On
iHAS122*
iHAS322* (thanks to Hasham, Risay, and Kingston for confirming)
DH-16ABSH11B (thanks to Charles for confirming)

Plextor
PX-L890SA

TEAC
DV-W524GSB

Asus DRW-24B1ST 24x DVD-RW Drive, SATA, Black, OEM at Memory Express

if you like playing games early and NOT getting banned go with rgh(although you can’t get online with an rgh its better) if you like updating a lot go with flashing and getting flagged and possibly banned if you screw up.

Flash the console if it does get banned then rgh it thats what I did :smile:

The cons obviously being that you can’t go online, etc.