Xbox One backwards compatibility with Xbox 360 Games coming this year

[/img]Xbox Phil Spencer said the firm will be showing “the greatest line-up of games” for Xbox One. He then dropped the biggest news ever: backwards compatibility for Xbox 360 games on Xbox One.

Digital titles will show up in the dashboard today, and retail disc will work as well. One of the first titles shown was Mass Effect, and third-party developers will just have to allow the option, as no work is involved in the capability.

Source: TheTechGame.com

Plus I’m a preview member so I can today :smiley:

This is why I didn’t sell my games, was always a possibility. Now I can enjoy Gears Of War and Red Dead Redemption without having to plug my 360 up.

Also, I didn’t see the stream but I take it this is simply for singleplayer only, not multiplayer?

Online also from my understanding. Also apparently there’s a Gears of War Remaster for Xbox One. The stream is still up if you want to watch it

Finally I can play CoD3 on the One :thumbsup:

CoD 2 >

Nooooo stop.

So, how do we get on this? I’m a Preview Member. Will I be able to put in my Fallout 3 disc or nah?..

They said we will able to do some stuff today since we are Preview Members

Can’t wait to play call of duty 4 now!!

FINALLY man i cannot wait…

Now does this allow us to play online too? I remember on the 360 xboxO games turned off dashboard and live when you played those games.

How do you become a preview member?

I wished Todd Howard had continued on with the whole Morrowind thing…Got me pumped…

Great news :smile:

Even though I don’t own a Xbox One I can’t wait to upgrade and relive the great memories of so many games!
(ex: Red Dead Redemption, Call of Duty: 4 Modern Warfare, BFBC2, etc.)

Thanks for the awesome news!

So people like me that have not received an invitation cannot play these games for a couple of more months?? That’s some BS can anyone invite me to the preview program? I would not like to wait until the holiday when the program goes public.

anyone know if u can use a modded xbox 360 and transfer it to a normal xbox 360 and play pirated games legit online? i have been wondering about this!

For those who have been wondering.

[b]Q: Can I play multiplayer with friends who are playing the game on Xbox 360 or Xbox One?

A: Yes! For games that have multiplayer, you will be able to play with others who own the title on Xbox 360. For Xbox One users, only members of the Public Preview audience who own the game will be able to play with you during this beta.[/b]

Get out.