Xbox One Modding Status

I read recently that they are adding the ehdd because the so called 500 GB internal drive shows “full” at around 380 gb, iirc. Will be usb connectivity on release #2. Sometime in 2014. I hope they offer a buy back procedure for the first adapters so they can update to a new Xb1 without paying full price again.

What? Why would they need to buy back the console? They are adding support through a software update for external HDD.

Clarify, please Chris. It was my understanding the USB would be an add-on in release 2, along with improved performance in the disk drive (no crunching, better gear alignment). I may have been mistaken in my interpretation of the news of the ehdd.
Cheers!

ps, I should have said exchange, not buy back. Kind like what they did with the early xb360 and the rrod.

USB connectivity can be added via a future system update. There is no need to replace consoles simply for that.

Thanks, Nookie and Chris. I was under the impression this enhancement required a hardware upgrade (added USB).
Cheers!

One day… till then ill remain in my cryogenic chamber.

1 Like

Can’t wait for this!

Does this now mean that we can manage our own save data etc. using this new HDD update that’s coming? Like move, copy, delete maybe even mod our saves?

1 Like

Must be if they are allowing external storage

1 Like

This and this might interest a few people.

1 Like

Thanks for this thread guys. Look forward to the future happenings here!

Good work and much Appreciated. :wink:

1 Like

Hey all, remember when they said Mac was “Unhackable” and in pretty much the first month there were hacks and viruses galore for mac?
Here’s to hoping xboxmb can do something similar.
Good luck Xboxmb team, I’ll be waiting to see what you all come up with.:thumbsup:

1 Like

You’re so cute.

1 Like

Thanks for the information man, i will check this thread daily.

I am still going to continue to pay for my Diamond membership simply to support the cause. I like you guys here, even though I don’t post much. Keep up the great work.

1 Like

Thank you. Feel free to post as often as you’d like. Get active on the site, I’m sure you’d really enjoy it.

1 Like

Same here, I don’t post as much as the other 10ers but I still have Diamond.

woot woot can’t wait until it is lol

Yeah hopefully it will be possible to mod money in forza 5 (xbox one) else the game will be useless for me. :frowning:

1 Like

How the Hell does this game become useless to you if you can’t mod it?? Forza is such a great game…

1 Like