Black screen issue

I opened the app once and it didn’t load, it took 2 launches from running it as an administrator and it only gave me either a blank or a black screen. I tried every solution possible by reinstalling, deleting the files on appdata and even turning off my defender (which is just Windows Defender) and using the offline installer, even the part with BitDefender. Nothing seems to be working.

I do want to find other ways, but I wouldn’t want to reset my pc because I’ve been doubting if I might lose my data as I researched of course. My pc’s running fine, it was just a day after I used it then had this issue and stopped working properly ever since.

1 Like

Hello and welcome back to the community. :slight_smile:

The last time someone reported this issue, it was found to be caused by a corrupted Windows update.

Performing a System File Check (SFC) might help to identify any issues with corrupted Windows files. Here’s a third-party guide from AVG: Repair Corrupt Windows System Files With SFC & DISM | AVG.

Corruption is nobody’s fault in particular - not yours, WeMod’s, or Microsoft’s - It’s just one of those random occurrences that perhaps everyone deals with at least once at some point when it comes to modern technology. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Hello!!! Thank you for responding and assisting with my current issue as of today!

My WeMod looks like this whenever I open it even running it as Administrator.

I scanned my drive from the SFC and DISM suggestion you gave me, it was repaired automatically no other issues to fix after the reboot and unfortunately, the same problem persists :<. It wasn’t identifiable when I ended the process in my Task Manager

1 Like

I have exactly the same problem as of today, was all working fine yesterday

Apparently we Mod is trying to launch a malware injector Nortons says

Really? Damn… even uninstalling it from the control panel, doesn’t even have a client where it prompts the reason I’m uninstalling WeMod. But thank you for lettting me know, I do wonder where you* got this from hshs

its bloody irritating, I eventually found a Fling trainer and used that

Nortons antivirus, I had to look through the history of reports, it automatically blocked it, I only realised after the eighth install

Same, sadly there are some games that I have where Fling doesn’t have a trainer for.

Ohhh, and what happened after that?

it just sits there with the shadow outline and you have to force quit it

Yeah I had that… and it’s been bothering me ever since

Hello! :slight_smile:

Thank you for the update.

It’s very common for trainers to trigger what is called a false positive in anti-virus programs. This is caused by the way that trainers work, which is by injecting code into memory addresses that the game is using within your PC’s RAM. Trainers have been working this way (and getting flagged by anti-viruses from time to time) since the 1980s.

Interference from anti-viruses is one thing that can cause WeMod to not work correctly. There is troubleshooting for that available here: "Wemod failed loading the cheats into your game" / "We’re having trouble downloading the cheats" - #2 by Ravenfyre - The title is different to your issue, but the steps to solve it are the same.

This may also be useful: My antivirus marked WeMod as a Trojan - #2 by Ravenfyre

1 Like

Thanks for the notes however it still does not working, same problem when excluded from Antivirus, it’s almost like the app is not rendering or failing to load some sort of runtime environment

Tried antivirus, re-installing dor net etc, My antivirus marked WeMod as a Trojan - #2 by Ravenfyre and "Wemod failed loading the cheats into your game" / "We’re having trouble downloading the cheats" - #2 by Ravenfyre unblocking firewall and virus, turn off anti virus, updating graphics drivers, Windows etc still it does not work

ok when I run it , it doesn’t

Text
show up at the top of the task manager unless you open it twice then the weird screen appears, lower down it loads three instances of WeMod - Cheats and Mods ( 32 bit) even though I have a 64 bit machine, on top of that it keep opening and closing WeMod.exe (32 bit)

Helloo, good day! I appreciate the help after a few weeks of trying a solution, it still wouldn’t work and even exempting it has the same problem that happened ever since.