Borderlands 2 Custom Xbox Slim

Looking good so far i wanna see the turn out though :smile:

I might make a custom Xbox myself. I got all the tools necessary to make it smooth and do custom body work. Working as a mechanic rules \m/

Canā€™t wait to see it done!

These are the rocks im trying to make at the base

Spent some time on the expanding foam carving out the rocks, sharp flat edges, they donā€™t seem to have much curves.
I removed the foam and other things from the centre and dropped the case lower, looks better then being raised up so hign. Now the rocks look like they have grow / formed around the case, rather then just the case sitting on the top.
This side looks a bit plain so i thought i would keep the foam / rocks higher.

The rocks are far from finished. It looks like not much has happend, but its hard to see in the photos.
The aftermath

Sprayed the base with a light coat of primer. You can start to see the shapes that i carved alot better now. I like how it is, just need to make the foam a bit stronger and fill in all the air pockets

Starting to get the look of real rocks. It will look better when all the rocks have a light skim coat of body filler ( bondo ) and sanded back. I think i will paint the rocks a black then grey over the top, i will lightly sand the edges of the rocks so the black comes through, just like the above pictures of the rocks in game.

Damn thatā€™s looking sexy, wish I had the tools to be able to do that.

I wanted more images, this thing is looking even more amazing.

Good ****. Iā€™m still confused why you havenā€™t decided to work for Microsoft yet in development for more cool cases. This must be the best case Ivā€™e seen so far.

Looking really, really good. Canā€™t wait to see the final product.

The case is certainly getting there; canā€™t wait for the final product. I must admit though, those images on page 2 looked like you dunked the console in a Pavalova. Lol.

Sorry for the lack of updates been busy and havent been doing to much work on this case. Not to happy with how its turning out i just got to put some more work into it so i get more motivation.

Sweet , Cant wait to see Final Protect.

epic freaking base

Nise, Clean Up The Cutā€™s a Little Bit Also

Still trying to think of the colors for the case. Progress is slow, will definatly be working on this a bit more from now on. Getting close to finish my Liquid Cooled Xbox Slim.
Any ideas people, your ideas and designs help me out.
Orange / Red Perspex for the Windows

Turqouise and dark grey?

I found some images online of a pc case that you can check out for ideas

Update

The controller for the Borderlands 2 Case, Yellow and Amber LEDā€™s, thinking of adding a mix of yellow and orange buttons ( A B X Y ) but donā€™t want to over do it with the colors.

Amber Perspex, transparent not a solid color so you will still be able to see into the case, may paint the disc drive behind so it does not stand out so much.

Strip of RGB LEDā€™s these can be cut down into sections and joined together. 12V power. Maybe RED

LCD Tempreture Sensor will have this cut into the side of the case. Orange LCD will mount the sensor underneath the heatsink.

New toy
Dremel 300
I had a rotary tool before, but i had my brother borrow it and it never came back

Marked and cut out with the dremel using a cutting disc, quick and easy. I like to lay tape down and mark over that and cut over it. Remove the tape and it leave a nice finish, the plastic wonā€™t melt back onto the case.

Cut less and file to fit, nothing worse then cutting off to much and having it ruined.

Rocks are slowly coming along again, had to take a break from them and take my time. Still some work to go.

Where did you get the thermometer at and how do you wire it to measure the heat of the chipsets?

For my custom xbox I got the thermometer from frozencpu.com

Attached to the thermometer is a sensor that you just place where ever you want and it will read the temperature. They are about $9.99

EDIT: here is a link Thermometers | Page 1 | Sort By: Product Title A-Z - FrozenCPU.com