Borderlands 2 Custom Xbox Slim

More rock progress, starting to take shape now, trying to get those sharp edges.

Looks Nice!

Oh I bet this is gonna look amazing

Engraved case badges
You may have seen the samll drawings of Gearbox Software and 2K Sports logo on the case, design has been sent to the engraver and has come out perfect.
1.5 inch square

LED’s
Started getting some work done on my LED’s, wanted to change it from the boring single color but wanted to keep with the Borderlands colors ( red, orangeand yellow ) in the build.
RGB strips make this a lot easier, when i wanted to use yellow i would solder the Green and Red Connections together. I even used Orange and Yellow wires to keep with the theme.

Red hard drive window will have red and fan grill will have yellow

Red LED’s on the other side will be hidden inside the rocks and have a slight angle so they point up along the case to give it a glowing red effect.

Awesome ;D

I <3 it!

LEDS may ruin it if done wrong.

The case badges came in yesterday, could not be happier with these, perfect. These are engraved not just a sticker.

Peronsaly i say you should open your own custome case mod shop if allowed by staff

looks all very nice!

Bullet Shells, thought i would add 1 or 2 to the base to add to the look, got this image from the official Borderlands front page

Prep and Paint
If you havent already checked out the newest Borderlands 2 trailer click the link below.
Borderlands 2 Launch Date Trailer - YouTube
Keeping the paint idea as a surprise for now, ill show you step by step as i go though.
Matte Black as the base

Lightly sanded back, ready for the next color over the top.
Picture resized a little weird the badges have come out rough.

A big thank you to Chris.F at Gearbox Software, he has sent me out some presents.
Gearbox Software Shirt, Traiding Cards, Fridge Magnets, Stickers and a bag to fit it all in. Appreciate you helping me out with this build.

I have watched the Doomsday trailer over and over.
Found some nice designs for the case, i used the image below and wanted a paint effect to go along with the design.

Painted all parts in a Matte Black base

After the black base was dry, i sprayed a wet coat of silver and quickly laid over some plastic wrap over the top and placed it down and lifted it back up to reveal a nice finish, similar to the pattern in the trailer that i was trying to achieve. This is the first stage of the paint, more to come.

OMG THAT’S KICK ASS PAINT JOB

This Looks Amazing!
Keep it up!
Patient’s is Key!

Eww at the Duke Forever sticker. Anyways; this is coming along nicely. I can’t wait to see the finished product.

WOW!, indeed. I was very excited going through every pages of this thread. This is going to be AWESOME. Maybe, someone from Gearbox/2K could see this and maybe inspire them to make one for themselves, a production. I am very eager to see your final product, Ozzylow.

A transparent black was sprayed over the top of my patterns, hard to see exactly in the pictures.

The more coats the darker it will get, weather hasnt been the best and painting during all this rain has made a less then perfect finish, it will be fixed, it looks worse in the pictures. Clear coat is still needed.

Working on the red glow on the side of the case.

Thanks for keeping us posted , it look’s great!I don’t see nothing wrong with the paint job tho.

Thanks to Modiify for sponsoring the Borderlands 2 Case.

Giving me a nice price and delivery on some parts for the controller and the case.

Modiify Elite Thumbsticks

Orange and Yellow A B X Y Buttons. Going to mix and match maybe A X Y will be Orange and B Yellow.

Yellow and Orange Ring of Light to match the controller.

My new old toy.

Scroll Saw - it makes it so easy to do detailed cuts and designs, in a heap of different materials. I find it better then the dremel for some things.

Borderlands logo, the plan is to cut out a big logo and have it on the side of the case, the left hand side.

2 holes were needed to be drilled so i could thread the blade and continue cutting, this weekend i will have a lot of progress done.

I’ve been following this and your custom watercooled pc slim mod since the beginning, and the progress you have made is amazing, I really can’t wait to see the final products! Great work!