Destiny | Rants & Randomness

Yep, as soon as you get that scout rifle you have to do a mission and kill a unique named wizard (I forgot the name of the mission). As soon as you kill the wizard you should get your third “essence of the feast”, go back to Eris, and get your Touch of Malice :smile:

Do you know what the mission is called? I defeated oryx and called in on eris after I got the 50 flakes. I’m not at home now so can’t check. I’m also at 40 calcified fragments.

I’m at 36/50 fragments, should I find 4 more before I finish this flakes quest for the common scout rifle?

If I remember correctly it’s called Fear’s Embrace.

You need at least 45/50, I’d recommend getting the 45 before completing the final steps. So you can get them out of the way.

Edit: Here’s the entire quest http://www.usgamer.net/articles/destiny-the-taken-king-how-to-get-the-touch-of-malice

Congratulations, I’m glad you finally found a fireteam that could defeat the Hive god-king! I too was very luck my first King’s Fall raid when it came to drops; Handcannon w/ Firefly, Scout Rifle w/ Rangefinder, Helmet w/ Intellect + Strength, Chest w/ Intellect + Discipline, Ghost Shell w/ Intellect + Discipline.

I would recommend doing so because you can skip a few steps within the quest-line.

Once I defeated Oryx and was given the exotic item my quest went as so:

• Collect Wormspore, Hadium Flake, & Weapon parts. (25/50/50)
  • Kill Morgath, Lore-Keeper in the Undying Mind Strike.
  • Kill Mar-Zik, the Blightcaller on Phobos.
  • Done.

…once you get the weapon all you’ll have to do is put experience into it, like majority of weapons, but you’ll then have to farm more Hadium Flakes so you can purchase the nodes. Good luck and, again, congratulations!

I have a question as to the new DLC. I originally played Destiny right when it came out and bought the legendary edition for $90. When buying the legendary edition it stated that it came with all the DLC for future releases but it is still telling me that I have to buy the DLC in-game. Was just wondering if there is somewhere off-site that I have to do to unlock The Taken King or do I have to pay to get it. Just confused because I thought I would be getting all DLC for free from the legendary edition.

Got Touch of Malice. I only had to kill the wizard on Phobos, and collect those 50 flakes. That was so tedious. You can check the three doors in the mausoleum close to the founts entrance, and then go to the founts and come back and most of the time those chests will be there ready to open again.

The DLC that was included in year one was The Dark Below and House of Wolves. You basically had the season pass. The Taken King is a year two DLC and must be purchased separately.

Just wanted to pop in and say “Good Luck” to whomever needs to still collect materials for the exotic sword quest! I myself just finished collecting Relic Iron and Helium Filaments for the Void and Solar sword and it took me about three hours per sword!

…thank god I have Pandora to keep me from going insane because I don’t know how many times I’d have a random guardian interrupt my circuit thus causing me to miss a few items or block the spawn of a new material.

Has anyone had a problem with the calcified fragments? On Destiny tracker it says I am missing 6. But when I go into the Dreadnaught it says I have 43/50?

Nope, on my main (Hunter) I’ve collected 47/50 and am only missing the three because they have yet to be discovered. The only issue I’m having is getting the same amount on my Titan. (It’s easy to get them all on one character because you can see the grimoire cards vanish once you picked up the fragment. When the card is already gone it’s hard to know which you’ve picked up and which you haven’t.)

Problem is I have 6 on my hunter. I am thinking one of those 6 is one I have on my hunter but not my Titan. So if I could check who has what it’s be easier

If you need some help man hit me up and I’ll run with you.

Appreciate the offer. You can add o IHorney89 o and I can run through whenever.

That’s a problem a lot of people are having but there isn’t a site dedicated to showing which character has which fragments; it just gives a overall total of how many that account has found.

Use this for now http://destinycalcifiedfragments.com/ and when I’m done eating I’ll come help you

Just use the site posted above to find the number of the ones you’re missing, then just watch one of datto or nkuch’s videos and grab the ones you don’t have. Both destinycalcifiedfragments.com & destinyghosthunter.com are missing several fragments. Only really useful for seeing which ones you don’t have

Just got my Sleeper Simulant. Super disappointed, gun is a piece of junk and not anywhere near a Gjallarhorn replacement. If you completed yesterday’s gunsmith quest, you should have a new one to complete, once you’re done with that, you can pick up your piece of **** at the gunsmith

Edit: It comes at 280 light so unless you have a load of 300 heavies to infuse, might as well just dismantle this bad boy

Just finished the final mission in The Taken King’s Story Quest: What a pain-in-the-butt that boss fight was! It was a simple method to defeating Oryx, but when you reach the end part (surrounded by the mist) I could not for the life of me, dodge out the way enough from his sword attack. It said I was killed by the “Artifact” though?!? Was I dying from hitting something or was it his sword that struck me?

I’m sorry but you’re beyond delusional if you thought Bungie would be including another weapon as powerful as the Gjallarhorn. With Year-01 and everyone reviewing it as a giant beta I’m sure they learned a lot when it comes to weapons and how not to make them “Boss Killers.”. (ex: Gjallarhorn, Ice Breaker, Black Hammer, etc.) Plus, with the weapon being obtained through a quest rather than an engram I’m not surprised with you feeling as if it’s average; its not like it’s only able to be obtained through a piece of end-game content.

…I have yet to get my hands on the weapon to get a feel for it, I did complete the quest twice yesterday, but, with Fusion Rifles being what they are thanks to the Weapon 2.0 update, I’m not really shocked hearing you say the weapon isn’t anything special. (My friends and I were speculating this same thought yesterday when working on the quest; we all were saying “Watch the weapon be a huge disappointment and really insult those who dedicated their time in figuring out how to obtain the weapon.”)

Yeah that part is kind of a pain because you don’t have much time to damage him, but it isn’t that hard as compared to going against the Echo of Oryx when returning to Phobos. (Sorry if that’s a spoiler.)

I knew it was gonna be bad, I’m gonna stick with my telesto.