Games aren't being seen by cheats and Infinity (re)Installation has failed?!

So a few days ago I had opened up Infinity to test out how Watch_Dogs 2 and the cheats would work but it gave me message saying that I should temporaryly disable the anit-virus software with a error code 5. I did that and it still gave me the error code with Watch_Dogs 1 and 2 and Stardew Valley. So I thought I should delete Infinity and reinstall it but it keeps giving me a pop up saying “Installation has failed: There was an error while installing the application. Check the setup log for more information and contact the author.” What do I do now to fix this?

First off, seasons greetings.

Have you properly uninstalled the previous version of INFINITY app from your OS ? Use a REGISTRY cleaner, if need be, to completely remove traces from the registry as well.

What is the exact error message (check the log file) ? Which OS do you have ?

Try a CLEAN re-install and update of the Infinity software, and see if doing this helps or not ? First go to Windows control panel, and remove the software, from under “Programs and Features”.

Once again, try to do a CLEAN re-install and update of this INFINITY app. Disable any AntiVirus/AV, as well as firewall installed on your system, for the time being.

Sometimes just doing a reinstall doesn’t help, so try to use any “Registry cleaner” to remove previous traces of Infinity from the registry.

Before you re-install Infinity, please kindly remove and delete ALL previous traces from your system.

Go to the following location and path, and manually delete both the “Daring Development” and “Infinity” folders, if they are still there.

C:\Users\Your- Windows USERNAME\AppData\local\Daring Development, as well as C:\Users\Your- Windows USERNAME\AppData\local\Infinity.

Look for the ROAMING folder as well, under AppData. Remove the CACHE, or the entire daring development and INFINITY folders…

Some folders can found under “Roaming” as well, e.g, . C:\users\Your username\AppData\Roaming\Daring development\Infinity\CACHE.

And, C:\users\Your username\AppData\Roaming\Infinity\CACHE.

Check this installed path as well, i.e. C:\Users\Your UserName\AppData\Local\Package cache{some random numbers} folder, if this has been created.

Try to re-download/update INFINITY from this link, and restart your OS,

https://www.wemod.com/infinity

The APPDATA folder and the associated directory might be hidden by default in most of the Operating systems, so you won’t be able to find it.

You need to enable this option, “Show hidden files, folders, and drives” under the ‘File Explorer options’ setting, via Windows Control Panel.

Btw, If you don’t want to delete the entire folder under ROAMING, then you can also remove all the .BIN files located here, e.g., C:\users\Your username\AppData\Roaming\Daring development\Infinity\trainers.

Depending on the game, the numbers might change, e.g, 61-1477409811.bin, or 144-1476900945.bin etc etc. Make a BACKUP first.

5 Likes

Watch dogs 2 needs easyanticheat disabled. Click on notes in trainer and visit the thread that exlains how.

As for the other issues, follow Nick_666 suggestions.

1 Like

Oh yes, I forgot to mention this before.

Like STN said, for the game Watch Dogs 2 you need to first disable EasyAntiCheat, for the trainer to work properly.

All you have to do is add the -eac_launcher command line parameter to your WatchDogs2.exe shortcut and when you run it, EAC should be disabled, and you will also get a window letting you know that it is disabled.

2 Likes

try reinstalling deleting infinity like he suggested. i also got error 5 once beofre playing.