Horizon Support | Ultimate Help Thread

I don’t have diamond for the record…

All I’ve been doing is trying to get one Xbox live arcade game to work on my Xbox360, I used Horizon to eject it into my external drive which I then plug into my Xbox360. (The game is Burgertime: World Tour. It’s a personal favorite of mine)

For some strange reason, Xbox360 keeps saying the file is corrupted and just gives the option to delete it and nothing more. I have no idea what to do and I can’t find anything that relates to this problem specifically.

I’ve downloaded the game from 3 sources so far, and it’s just been the same result with each of them. I’m not sure if there’s something I’m supposed to do with my hard drive or the program first before I attempt this, but so far it’s just been one failed attempt after another.

Same here it says theres an error i have a windows 8 computer it loads up if i dont updat to 2.7.9.3

It’s saying it’s corrupted because you can’t just add any game with Horizon and play it.
There are some arcade games and dlc content that can be added and played but they must be DRM free to work.

Type of Problem: Tried to launch the program
Firewall: Disabled-No antivirus
Errors: When I try to launch the program, the logo appears on the screen and the dissapears. The program even dissapears from the programs list in the Task Manager. Reinstalled the windows, and nothing changed.

Try running it as admin.

Already tried. Even played with compatibity options (Win Vista-Win7-Win8), but nothing.

Do you have the latest version Microsoft Net Framework? If not then download it from here and when your done restart your computer and try again.

Yes, I have the most recent .NET Framework

Same or higher version of .NET Framework 4.5 has already been installed on this computer.

I also tried to run Horizon on my brother’s notebook (AMD h/w, Windows 8.1 Update 1 64 bit), and not even the Horizon logo appears. Just comes a window, that the program stopped responding.

Are there any other dependencies to Horizon? Or just .net framework?

2.4 Access Denied Error. Just started getting this error this morning when trying to add a couple of achievements. has been working fine for years w/o any problems etc, always just dragged the profile from my memory module and did the adds etc and than dragged back to module. when it didn’t work a few times I did as as recommended

1. ran as admin than extracted to desk top and added just one achievement to test, same error as stated above when trying to save

please advise

tks in advance

using win 7 64 bit, worked fine yesterday and has not taken any system updates since than

p.s. I tried adding one addition step today. I did a fresh profile recovery, and than tried to add one achievement to the new one I recovered and same error message

Why does it say horizon isnt woking when i try to load it up?
How do i fix it

Do you mean you’re getting the “Stopped Working” error?
Try this:

For your “Stopped Working” Error; Please
do these steps.

It is usually a .NET Framework error.
If you have .NET Framework installed I suggest

using this tool .NET Framework Clean-Up Tool.
I suggest uninstall every version of .NET

installed then reinstalling.
Download .NET Framework 3.5 required to run

Horizon - .NET Framework 3.5

If all of that fails, try to navigate to Windows

Search and type in %localappdata% and find the

folder Daring_Development_Inc

.\Horizon.exe_StrongName_oj3dekulwqzgsr0yop

f0ih1k4 ipdntld\2.5.10.1\user.config and then

delete that.

i’m been trying everything that I know to resolve the problem for 3 day w/o any success. how can a program work for so long without a problem and than just fall off the cliff. right now i’m clueless where to start looking to solve the problem

resolved the 2.4 problem with a temp fix and used another puter that had win 8 installed and all works fine. it appears that it’s me an win 7 problem that I need to resolve

tks

Problem: "Horizon cant open"
AntiVirus/Firewall: Norton
Errors: none
Extra info: .NET Framework is up to date and so is horizon

Temporarily disable your AV/Firewall and see if that helps. Also try running as administrator.

Type of Problem: Crashing on splash screen.
Antivirus/Firewall installed: ESET
Errors: None

• Type of Problem : Cant save rehash and resign
  • Antivirus/Firewall : Microsoft Security Essentials
  • Errors : Object already exists
  • Extra Information : Just started to happen when I tried to mod borderlands 2

Problem: Cannot leave offline mode.
Antivirus/Firewall: Windows Defender
Errors: None
Extra Information: Had Avast and uninstalled it, flushed my DNS as administrator, ran program as administrator, Windows Defender is turned off, still cannot connect.

Have you tried allowing Horizon through your Firewall?

click “Change Settings” and after that click “Allow another app…”

Added it to the list of allowed apps like you posted, and I’m still in offline mode. Ran as administrator with Windows Defender enabled, then ran again as administrator with Windows Defender disabled. Still cannot connect.