[Release] Velocity - Xbox360 Cross-Platform File Manager (v0.1.0.0)

Thank you so much for this! I’ve been waiting for a file explorer that works on mac, it was so annoying switching between computers when Mac OS was my main computer.

Okay I think I figured out what was wrong with the assets that are downloaded. I screwed up some silly byte in the metadata. Once the award is downloaded, open it in Velocity’s package manager, and open up the Metadata window. Then scroll down until you see ‘Skeleton Version’, change that from Nxe to Natal and it should work perfectly. This will be fixed in the next update, but I’m still not sure why the other avatar awards didn’t show up for you when this one was there. Try this first, and if the other awards still aren’t displayed then let me know and I’ll see what I can do.

PS: You’re not on the dev kernel are you? If you are there’s one more thing that you’re going to have to change about the avatar asset.

Very nice keep us updated on the program!

I’ve had nothing but good luck with everything you’ve released dude and I have no doubt this is a great file manager. Thanks man.

If you could put a awesome GUI on this it would be amazing.

Yeah the UI isn’t the greatest, but the thing is it’s a lot harder to make a really nice UI in Qt than it is in .Net because this application has to look nice on 3 different operating systems. Also in .Net when you place a control on your form, it will stay in that place all the time, it won’t move around. In Qt though, you have to rely on layouts to position your controls since on every operating systems the controls look a little bit different. It’s not that it’s impossible to make a really nice UI in Qt, it’s just harder than it is in .Net and a lot more frustrating. To be honest I really don’t like designing stuff, and Hetelek doesn’t either. So unfortunately, I doubt that there will be much improvement in that department unless someone else does it.

I don’t mind the UI, reminds me of GruntModder. But to me as long as it works I don’t care what it looks like.

i notice the song called developers, lol thats pretty funny to listen to. easter egg maybe

what.

It’s easier to design in qt. Learn CSS.

When using the Halo 4 profile editor, how the heck do I save my profile? Haha, I click ok, rehash and resign and there are no changes when I load up Halo 4. I’m modding XP, and I’m doing offlline XP modding so there’s no limit to how much I add so that can’t be the problem.

What he meant to say is, you cannot make a GUI on Windows and expect it to look as good on Mac, because the layouts affect the GUI based on the OS. And we never worked with the style sheets in Qt, so maybe (probably) you can fix that problem with them. Anyway, we aren’t ****ing artists, we’re programmers.

If you want, fork dat **** and make a sexy GUI? :wink:

Are you putting it back onto your device?

Yessir

If you reopen the save in the editor (after you clicked ‘OK’ and modded it), does it show up as modded again?

Also, I’m going to have Adam start responding as he made the Halo 4 editor.

EDIT (from Adam):

And yes, there is a limit. It is 250,000 XP the first time connect to the Halo servers on the account, and 10,000 every day from then on.

Edit: I’ll message Experiment.

the Halo servers on the account,

Hey man, you sir are a freakin genius! That was exactly the issue. I changed all the downloaded awards to Natal and I wasn’t sure if I had to but also clicked rehash on each one after I changed them. After I transferred them back to my xbox, “Bam!” all those sweet awards were mine, mwhahaha. Now, as far as the other awards that screwed up. Guess what, my fault not the proggie. I realized what I had done after I made the same move this time around. When I was downloading the awards I downloaded all of the awards I need for my games in my list. Even the ones I had already earned so when I transferred them I overwrote the working ones. Since the new ones needed to be set to Natal those that got overwritten were corrupt. So again, my fault not the program. Did I say you guys were geniuses? I do have one last question for the time being though. Is there a way to get the icons for the newly unlocked achievements? Since I am banned I cannot connect to Live and the few I added to go with the awards just show as empty boxes. If not no biggie but I figured you guys may have that covered too so I would ask. Thanks again for the great program and solving my issue. Top Notch! :thumbsup:

Very clean looking program for a beta. Horizon is more aesthetically pleasing but there are some great features you have here.

I love how you can see the exact date/time you unlocked an achievement. Seems to be a little more accessibility on the profile information side of things and it’s free! Many thanks.

I see you can change the Gamertag in the profile manager. Does that actually allow you to change a gamertag in the program or is it just there to look pretty? Surely it wouldn’t be very safe to change something like that.

As he stated earlier, with QT the aesthetics aren’t as nice as DotNet, but the functionality makes up for it.

Changing your GT will have no effect on XBL.

I just added it to the program yesterday for the awards, and we’re currently working on the achievement images. You won’t see the changes until the next update though.

VERY nice.
Finally something thats CrossPlatform :slight_smile:
Also, very exemplary to make it Open Source. There are not that many tools which do that ( mine included :-x ).

A simple question, is your STFS class 100% working ? ( I guess so, just asking )
Would try to “convert” it to the .Net Framework then, to use it for my own Project :slight_smile: