Steam deck, are you working on trainers for it?

I am not linux savvy in the least bit, I tried following BrandonKingM’s guide. I feel i’m really dumb. If anyone with knowledge of Linux and windows could re-write this that would be awesome.

Or would it just be easier if i installed window 11 and ran wemod?

I have a Steam Deck, and I was hoping WeMod had Linux support.

My perfected and streamlined WeMod tutorial for Steam Deck. Unofficial but possibly helpful. :slight_smile:

1 Like

It seems my guide works for some people and not others, but i made a post detailing the good news i received on GitHub this morning. My guide is 100% reliant on a program called Steam Tinker Launch and the dev maintaining it has said he will look into adding it as a feature. I can only dream of WeMod being handled how STL handles Vortex. Its got one single install that is downloaded, installed and setup automatically and then every game you launch with Vortex, STL automatically creates symlinks for allowing that one install to work on everything. Hopefully we’ll have a much better solution than mine soon enough. I did the best i could with what little i know, and am damn proud i got it working because it felt like no one had accomplished this before me but I never used Linux before i got my Steam Deck, so I am still very inexperienced with it.

Proton isn’t a “windows emulator”.

Fair, lazy on my part… it’s a wine compatibility layer.

There’s a tutorial to get WeMod installed and working now, so I think we’re past the hurdles.

why not just install windows on the steamdeck and then use wemod, its a pc and wemod does run on windows 11 just fine.

1 Like

Because SteamOS is awesome? And installing Windows costs you a lot of Steam Deck SteamOS exclusive features like the proper console like suspend and resume, and system wide FSR 1.0