Unable to detect games

I have the same issue as the original post in this thread: WeMod not working).

Wemod used to be able to detect all my installed games (Steam, GOG), but after Windows 10 21H1 update, wemod only detect a small number of installed games from Steam and GOG.

I have tried the linked solution but still nothing changed.

Hello! :slight_smile:

Sorry but I have to ask this, because this has happened to others - Is it possible some of the filters in the left panel are collapsed and therefore just not showing you your games until you de-collapse the filter?

Otherwise:

• Could you give us some examples of which games are not being detected and on which platforms.
  • Are the games legitimately purchased from their stores or cracked/pirated versions?
  • Are your games saved in the default C:\ or somewhere else (ie, another drive, external storage).
  • Just in case - make sure WeMod, Steam and GOG Galaxy are whitelisted in your antivirus. Then check the quarantine (or virus chest) menu of your antivirus to make sure nothing from these three softwares are quarantined there (if there are, de-quarantine and whitelist it).
  • Make sure Steam and GOG Galaxy aren’t pending an update to be compatible with the new Windows version you installed.

Keep us updated. Thank you. :slight_smile:

Here is wemod screenshot

and this is my steam library

As you can see, the first example is .hack//G.U. Last Recode not detected by Wemod and then almost everything on my steam library not detected by Wemod.

Are the games legitimately purchased from their stores or cracked/pirated versions?

All my games are legitimately purchased on Steam, GOG or Origin

Are your games saved in the default C:\ or somewhere else (ie, another drive, external storage).

Some are on C:, other in steam library folder created on internal drive partition and external drive. Wemod was able to detect all my games on both internal and external drive.

Just in case - make sure WeMod, Steam and GOG Galaxy are whitelisted in your antivirus. Then check the quarantine (or virus chest) menu of your antivirus to make sure nothing from these three softwares are quarantined there (if there are, de-quarantine and whitelist it).

Wemod is already excluded on my antivirus as I told on my post that I followed the previous solution.

Make sure Steam and GOG Galaxy aren’t pending an update to be compatible with the new Windows version you installed.

The issue persist even when there is no pending update for them

A WeMod update will be released in the next 30 minutes to fix this issue. Thanks for reporting it!

That’s a quick one. Waiting for the update to come

It’s released :+1:

now that’s a good support

wemod is now detecting all my games one by one.
I am sorry for late reply. I fell asleep

thank you for your hard work

1 Like

A post was split to a new topic: Cannot detect games