WeMod marked as a virus on McAfee

McAfee Warning
McAfee is blocking this.

Whitelist it, that worked for me.

1 Like

Welcome to the community.

Please use the search button before posting, this has already been resolved over a dozen times. :slight_smile:

See here for the fix: I can’t Install WeMod / "There was a error installing the application" - #2 by Ravenfyre.
And for more details about why it happens here: My antivirus marked WeMod as a Trojan - #2 by Ravenfyre.

1 Like

The easiest and fastest way to fix this is to open McAfee’s quarantine “cage” and tell the application that the file is NOT infected. Then uninstall McAffee after buying Webroot SecureAnywhere, which will accomplish two things: You’ll get fewer such messages, and you will be more strongly protected. False positives are a lot easier to fix in Webroot, and I haven’t had a virus in over eleven years…but, it’s not always cheap. Shortly after the turn of the century, you could get away with cheap, or even free, but not anymore. Now, you need the antivirus equivalent of lead-shielded full-body armor with a kinetic absorption shield.

According to tech experts, WebRoot and McAfee are more or less exactly the same when it comes to detections and so forth. The only difference is that because Webroot is currently a smaller company, their software uses less system resources than McAfee.

Thread closed, as the user stated their issue was resolved.