What happened to horizon!?

I had to change some browser settings to make it work and I think everythings fine now. I’m going to include two screenshot of what my screen looked like before.

I like how you can upload pictures straight to the site.

What all did you have to change? I understand why you wouldn’t use it if that is how it looked.

I changed wp8 internet explorer’s “website preference” to “mobile version”.

Internet Explorer. No wonder you had problems.

4 Likes

You should always make sure that your site is supported on every browser. It’s very unprofessional not to do so.

2 Likes

Very different from the old forum but I like it, I love change. :slight_smile:

1 Like

It does work on every browser, so that’s good for our professionalism. His issue was the issue we have already been telling people how to fix.
You can’t use the desktop version on a phone because it tries to scale and gets all messed up. The mobile version works great.

1 Like

I started distancing myself from your basic cookie cutter forums years ago (gaming forums especially), they lost their touch for me and started feeling outdated.

I’m all for this new change, it brings a much more streamlined community like reddits format in my eyes and isn’t segregating all of the different sections so there’s 5 active sections to the 20 dead ones, I actually want to go through individual threads and read more user content when before I wouldn’t have bothered.

4 Likes

I completely agree. I’m finding myself reading through every thread now.

1 Like

Horizon != Horizon help forums.

See cheater, this is why I liked calling it xboxmb. Easier to differentiate.

I think the change is good. You’ve definitely peaked my interests to say the least. After a bit of time it will be the new norm tbh.

2 Likes

yea this is to much BS now its to hard to do anything and they haven’t added anything new to horizon the download just website they must of sold the website or something im out to…

1 Like

Cheater still owns the site it was just time for a change. Most people said the same thing when they first joined and have since said that they don’t mind and it has gotten easier. What is hard about it? It is basically just an updated version of VBulletin if you look at categories instead of latest: https://community.wemod.com/categories

2 Likes

It is good to see change to the site, I’m sure it has been a ton of work and I look forward to seeing how fast Infinity is recognized and builds upon the reputation of the site.

4 Likes

There are really small things that I preferred with VBulletin but otherwise, this forum style is much better. Especially, because it’s not BBCode and it supports markdown!

I still want to know why threads don’t extend into the highlighted space.

That would be a question for the discourse developers. I’m sure they just though it looked cleaner this way.

Thanks for the kind words, it’s nice to hear from you Dale.

2 Likes

Don’t leave. We need someone to show Chris some love and affection at night still …

1 Like

what do you think pavman is for?

2 Likes

I’m already getting used to the new setup. It’s forum software- they’re all mostly the same.

I agree also. Since the new update i’ve been around the past couple days browsing alot of the posts. I reckon ill stick around for a while i like where everything is going.

Good work @Frank and the staff team keep it up :slight_smile:

2 Likes