New Version doesn't run anymore

Hi, I updated yesterday my old version of Infinity to the new one. It worked fine, until later that day I wanted to start it, but all I saw was a black screen with the blue circles turning around and around.
So far I de-installed infinity, cleaned my registry, removed anything related to infinity by hand, downloaded again, installed again, but the result is the same. I also opened my firewall to mark Infinity able to acces the internet.
So far no result…
I’ld like to install the old version as it was working fine…but can’t.
What is there I can do about it?

Add infinity to your antivirus exception list and re-download/install it.

@frank

I did this already and it doesn’t work… I’m only using Windows Defender on my PC and it doesn’t block anything…
I also turned it off… to no avail. The Update doesn’t work. I get the black screen with the two infinite circles and they just do that: an infinite circling… :frowning:

Is there no way to install the old version of infinity?

@Traveljack1000

Which OS do you have ? Which tool did you use to clean the REGISTRY ? Are you on a fresh OS install ?

Go to the following location and path, and manually delete both the “Daring Development” and “Infinity” folders, if they are still there.

C:\Users\Your- Windows USERNAME\AppData\local\Daring Development, as well as C:\Users\Your- Windows USERNAME\AppData\local\Infinity.

Check the TEMP folder as well. I can upload you an older version of Infinity, but It may not work properly, if you try to use it online.

Give this a try. Update to the latest version, once again. Try to re-download INFINITY from this link. The stub should update things:

https://s3.amazonaws.com/wemod/infinity/releases/master/Infinity-Setup.exe

2 Likes

Delete this folder
C:\Users<yourusername>\AppData\Local\Infinity

Then install infinity. I don’t know why you want to install the old version, that won’t help with whatever issue you have.

1 Like

I have Windows 10 and cleaned the registry with Ashampoo. Not only that, I manually emptied the folders I found, including the one in appdata/local/infinity. But it seems that I’m not the only one who has this issue and most of them are exactly the same problems I encountered.
I’m pretty sure it is not a problem with anitvirus software or the Windows Firewall…it must be the algorithm used to install it and whatever went wrong - I’m an experienced user, not a programmer, but I guess the problem is in the installation. Not in Windows 10.

Alright, it seems to be an issue with leftover installments. I just installed the new infinity on my laptop, on which it was never installed before and it worked. So whatever there is in Windows, I’m going to try to get rid of all traces of the previous installments…
Thanks for the many hints. I will post it when it works again and share what I did…

So, I un-installed infinity with iobit uninstaller and made a deep scan. Then with ashampoo win optimizer I cleaned the registry and didn’t find any files anymore on my computer. Made sure I didn’t find anything anymore. My pc has the same Windows 10 Version as my laptop, also the same protection. Still the same Infinity version doesn’t like to run on my pc anymore. At installation there appears a square in the middle of the screen with lines. My laptop is slower, but I can see a while some kind of system building. This doesn’t happen on my pc. After two lines it stops working and the black screen appears with the two moving circles in the middle and they stay there…
Regards,
Jack

1 Like

I replied in new answers on this topic…did everything you asked for, but to no avail. On my laptop it seems to work well.
But since I don’t have any games on it, of no use.

Hi,
I tried to answer your questions before, but I’m still not able to have it run on my computer. I manually removed it. I removed it with IO-Uninstaller. I removed it with CClean Professional and did a registry cleaning with IO-Uninstaller, Ashampoo and with CClean Professional. So I’m pretty sure I cleaned up everything that I could.
But I saw a difference between my gaming PC and my Laptop while installing Infinity. When the programm starts installing a green square appears with some beams in it. On my PC this stops after a few seconds and after two lines. On my Laptop however it continues for a while. There are a lot more thick lines to see, before the program starts.

Now I uninstalled all my anti-malware programs, some other programs that run in the background, I cleaned the registry once again… it is the same thing all over.

Whatever I tried, it doesn’t run on my gaming computer.

Then this certainly has to do with the Operating System/OS copy, which has been installed on your gaming PC, even though it’s the same version/build installed on your LAPTOP.

Highly unlikely, that INFINITY won’t install on your PC, but installs fine on your Laptop, which points out that some program/app is creating an interference, and/or there might be some OS system file issue.

I wouldn’t blame the INFINITY software, in this particular case.

The app installs fine on my Windows 10 OS copy. Something is preventing INFINITY from installing, and/or running properly on your PC RIG.

It could be anything, but I don’t want to make a wild guess. Can you do a format/fresh install of your OS ?

If not, can you upload the following file, Infinity-Setup.log.txt file ? This is assuming you have this file on your system, created by the latest version of Infinity.

The above file should be located under this path, IMO, which would be C:\Users\Your-username\AppData\Local\Temp\Infinity-Setup.log.txt.

@frank might be able to help you further with this issue. Edit: Look for this folder as well, SquirrelTemp.

Didn’t find that file in the folder you mentioned. But I found in …local a folder named SquirrelTemp with a log file. It is pretty long, and I try to send it as a rar file…

SquirrelSetup.rar (3.1 KB)

@frank

This is all? No more suggestions, other then I have to re-install Windows (And many other programs and games and the loss of savestates of some games?
Seemed to me that there are others with similar issues…

We haven’t had anyone else report an issue about this past the update last week. STN tagged Frank which means when he gets on he will probably ask for some more details and hopefully have a solution to it.

@Traveljack1000 I tagged frank because he coded infinity so he might know why.

I am not going to suggest reinstalling windows. Maybe it will solve the problem but its too drastic like you said.

1 Like

Thanks for the update. I’m looking forward to a solution… meanwhile I’m trying to figure out why it doesn’t run on my PC and at the same time works without any problem on my laptop…unfortunately my laptop is old and is not capable of playing any modern game…

Are there any special requirements to the system that I might have or not have in order to operate Infinity? Maybe I’m just missing some things that are not installed on my pc?

Check the Windows Event Viewer, and all the log files, to get some clue on the current issue which you are facing on your Gaming PC.

The logs would be just simple text files, written in XML format.

Apart from the Administrative Event log, Windows will also contain info pertaining to the following, other event logs like Security events, Setup and SYSTEM events etc, as well as Application events.

Type Windows+R to open the Run dialog, and enter eventvwr (or eventvwr.msc), and click on OK. You can also create a custom view, and then export the logs you need…

I did that, but there is so much information, that I put it aside me for a while, as I don’t want to waste more time on finding errors on my pc, which I never had before.
The main reason I use your program is because of Mafia III. Now one thing I learned not using your program: I start developing “skills” like patience, the need to find strategies to kill my ennemies… With infinity I just blast through everything and it runs faster… but not really more exiting… I think I will use it again if there comes a day (and it will surely come) when I have to re-install Windows…

I too am having the same issue as Traveljack1000. tried everything and still the same issue.